✩Prologue✩

Disclaimer: I do not own The Maze Runner, all props go to James Dashner. If I did own it there would be more shirtless Thomas scenes.

•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•

I awake in darkness.

A blaring alarm was going off making my ears ring. Aware of my surroundings I take notice of the cold metal I am laying on. I try to stand up but the movement of the metal box I am in made me fall back down. I pull my legs to my chest tightly trying hard to ignore the pain I feel from falling down. Slowly I use the wall to try and stand again, this time with success. I desperately try to remember something, anything but nothing comes to mind. I have no idea where I am or who I am.

I sit back down wrapping my arms around me trying to get warm. I feel a drop wetness on my arm and I touch my face and realize I am crying. Wiping away the tears I stand back up and start pounding on the walls trying to find a way out. With no luck I close my eyes trying to remember my name. What the heck is my name? I press my hands to my ears trying to block out some of the noise and thought for a while. Then like a lightbulb turning on, my name comes to me. My name is Rosalie, I thought. That is the only thing I can remember. How is that even possible? Surely I have more than a name. I remember facts about everyday stuff, but no memories about who I am or where I came from. For the first time since I awoke I decide to test out my voice.

"My name is Rosalie." I whisper to myself. My voice sounds raspy, probably from the lack of use. "Hello?" I call out desperately hoping someone would answer me and let me out. Knowing it was no use I decide to sit down and wait for whatever was to come my way.

After what seemed like forever, the box lurched to a stop. I stand up, leaning against a wall trying to decide if I should hide or stay where I was. I choose to hide behind one of the wooden boxes in case whoever was out there wasn't friendly. A groaning noise came from the top of the box and a sliver of light poured in. The light continued to pour in blinding my eyes. All of a sudden the the top of the box was completely open and I hear voices.

"Where the shuck is the greenie?"

"Don't be a klunk head! Get down there and shucking look!" Someone dropped into the box and I knew it was only a matter of time before they found me. A million thoughts enter my head. Are they going to hurt me or help me? Looking around I quietly pick up a metal pole that was leaning on the wooden crate. Slowly standing up with the pole in my hand I decide to say something.

"Who are you?" I ask. I look up at the person noticing it was a boy. His jaw dropped and his eyes widened in surprise. "I said who are you?"

He looked at me in shock and said "You're a bloody girl!"

"No really? I thought I was a fish," I say sarcastically.

"Newt what the shuck is taking so long?" A deeply irritated voice said.

"The greenie is a girl!" The boy whose name I now know was Newt said. Silence erupted once he said that.

It felt like a couple minutes when it really was only a couple seconds later when a voice spoke "Bring her up then we ain't got forever."

Newt came over to me and said "Come on we won't hurt you." He held out his hand and I dropped the pole and took his hand in mine. Suddenly a rope was thrown down and Newt caught it. He wrapped it around us and gave them the ok to hoist us up. A darker skinned boy held out his hand so I could stand up.

As soon as I was up I looked around seeing around fifty boys in all shapes and sizes. Some of them glared at me. Then some others started wolf whistling. Then came the comments.