vi. The Full Moon

six the full moon

🦋

     SEVERUS SNAPE WAS, BY THE looks of things, as shitty a time-keeper as he was a person.

     Don't get her wrong, this was not news to Laurel in the slightest. It took a special sort of asshole to dump their best friend since childhood, like Snape did to Lily Evans... It also took a special sort of asshole to think the Death Eaters were good and on the right track. But, Laurel had never made arrangements with Snape before, meaning the time-keeping skills, or lack of, was new.

     It was after hours: eleven minutes past midnight. Laurel was standing around in the corridor near the school grounds, archways leading out onto the green, and it was cold. She had her coat wrapped around her, hiding the blue satin shirt she didn't have the energy to change out of. The matching bottoms were hidden under her pillow, having swapped them for something a little more... appropriate to the outdoors.

     She kept on watching her breath appear in front of her. When she was a kid she pretended she was a dragon, doing this. Now, it was just a reminder that (a) it was fucking freezing, and (b) Snape was taking forever.

     It was eleven minutes past. She had been standing here for just over ten minutes. She knew if she wasn't careful, Filch or his cat would spot her, and she'd get into trouble. School had a habit of writing to parents, when you snuck out after curfew, so she had double the threat right now. Detentions were fine, but her parents finding out? Oh, no.

     She didn't understand why Snape had even agreed to this. He didn't like her. She knew that. Earlier he mumbled something about Remus... Maybe this was something bad about him. It's no secret that Snape hated the marauders, it would make sense if Snape thought he could make them look bad, and ruin something for them.