Chapter 9: Alice?

*Flashback*

"Hey Bella, I'm going to go shopping in Seattle this weekend. Do you want to come?" I asked while we were sitting at our lunch table. She was eating a salad, and I was picking at something that I can't even tell was ever food. "No, actually I have something to I need to do this weekend," she replied. "Alright, you have my phone number, so call me if you change your mind or need me for something  this weekend," I offered. "Okay," she replied. 

*Back to Present*

I got into my car, and started my drive to Seattle. When I arrived at the mall I went to several shops, looking for clothes for winter. Although I already had winter clothing, I still needed clothing that went with the season. I brought my Autumn clothing when I came to Forks, but all of my winter clothing was in Alaska. I kept looking at clothing and found several new outfits. I payed for them, and then went to another store.

I kept looking even after I found the outfits, but was interrupted by a phone call

I kept looking even after I found the outfits, but was interrupted by a phone call. "Hello?" I answered, stepping out of the store. "Cora, you need to come back to Forks now," said Jake through the phone. "Jake? What's going on? What happened?" I asked. "Bella jumped off a cliff into the ocean, and she almost drowned. I pulled her out just in time. She's a bit shaken up, but she's okay," he explained. "Okay, I'll be there in a little while," I said. I hung up, and rushed to my car. 

When I arrived at Bella's house I hour later, Bella was in dry clothes and wrapped in blankets. "How could you be so stupid? You could have died!" I said, raising my voice. "I know Cora, Alice already lectured me," she replied. I was speechless. "Did you say Alice?" I asked, hoping I heard her wrong. "Alice, she's in the backyard with Adam. She is waiting for Jake and I to finish talking," she replied. "Who is Adam?" I asked. "He's her mate," she replied. She left Jasper? "What is going on in here? I could smell another vampire from outside. Are you okay?" said a voice. Soon after Alice walked into the room. "Cora? I've been looking all over for you. Ever since you left Jasper hasn't left his room," she said coming up to hug me. "Alice? What happened to you and Jasper?" I asked. "I was originally mad, but then on the way home I had another vision, it was of Adam. So before I went home, I went to the court house. I got divorce papers, and brought them to Jasper. After Jasper signed them I left to go back to the court house. While I was gone, was when you arrived at the house. When he wanted to talk to you it was to tell you that he was no longer with me," she said. I was shocked, and I was still questioning why he never bothered to come looking for me. "Why didn't he come looking for me?" I asked. "We had no idea where to start. No one knew where you would have went. I came here because I thought Bella was dead. I guess it was just luck that you were here too," she replied. 

The home phone began to ring, and Jacob went to answer it. "No, he's not here right now. He's planning a funeral," said Jacob, and then hung up. Alice was pulled into a vision. "Jake? Who was that on the phone?" I asked. I saw the look in his eyes, it was Edward. "Bella, it's Edward. He thinks your dead, and now he wants to die too. He's going to the Volturi," Alice exclaimed, as she was pulled out of her vision. "We need to go now, if we're going to save him," she added. "Bella you can't go!" said Jacob, not wanting Edward to get in the way between him and Bella. "I have to," she replied. "I'll hold him off from stopping you, just get going," I said. 

Alice, Adam, and Bella got into the car and drove off, while I held Jacob back. "Jacob, I know you love her, but do really think that letting someone she cares about die will win her over?" I asked. I could tell that he knew I had a point.