Chapter 10

7 YEARS LATER...

"What the hell going on with you, Gamboa?" JM angrily shouted at him.

Nathan looked at JM wearily. As if he doesn't want to have fight with him. He just wanted to drown in liquor, get wasted and doesn't want people to care about him. But damn! There's this man nagging like a wife.

"Its been 7 fucking years, Nathan, move on. Go back to your senses!" JM added and slammed a fist on a working table.

Nathan throw him a snuffy look. Got up from swivel chair and put two hands inside the pocket. He walk through the glass wall of the office where he could see the whole view of the city.

"How can I get back to my senses when all of me was gone a long time ago? She took my life away when she left. Yes, its been 7 years of gloomy and I can't still find my sanity back." He said in lethargy.

"So, what do you want to do in your life? Habang buhay na magiging ganito? Sa tingin mo ba magugustuhan ni Yzabella ang ginagawa mo sa sarili mo? Look at yourself, Nathan. Para kang zombie tinatakot mo ang mga empleyado mo. Ayusin mo 'yang sarili mo, h'wag puro alak ang atupagin mo." JM inhaled heavily.

He heard a footsteps going out. It was no other than but JM. He massage his temple and jumbled the messy hair. Went back to the table and started working again.

He closed eyes. Reminiscing how life turn into like a piece of nothing and how heart scattered into tiny pieces.

As much as he wanted to go after her, he couldn't. Certainly, she'll be mad at him. The reason why he let himself live like indisposed, everyday.

Sinayang niya ang pinakamahalagang babae sa buhay. At ngayon, kahit anong parusa sa sarili ang gawin. Hinding-hindi na maibabalik pa ang nawala sa kanya.

The intercom disturbed his touring mind, it was the secretary.

"Yes?" He asked in a flat tone.

"Sir, I just want to remind you. You have an appointment at 2pm this afternoon to Mr. Zamora, 3:30pm to Ms. Gomez." The secretary said.

"Who the hell this Gomez is? Bakit hindi ko alam na may appointment ako sa kanya?" He questioned her with a high pitch.

"S-sir, nasabihan ko na po kayo tungkol kay Ms Gomez last 2 days ago." She answered while stammering.

"I don't remember her, cancel my appointment with her!"

"B-but s-si---." He didn't let her finish the sentence.

"You cancel it or I will fire you? You choose!"

"R-right away sir." She said and he cut the line off.

They should be scared at him. He's the boss... their boss. No one could opposed him.

Nathan spend 7 miserable years to make his company a more productive one. They won't like it seeing who really he is when get mad. He doesn't have a heart for sympathy, it's way far on his system, now.

HE TOOK the car key from the guard. Kakalabas niya lang ng opisina. It was still early and he wanted to get away from the office.

He drove away with no direction. Don't know what's gotten into his mind. He ended up at the park na hindi alam kung saang parte ng lugar.

He jumped out in the car and walked slowly through the seashore. He didn't notice na nasa tabing dagat pala ang park na kung saan siya napadpad. He felt melancholic, remembering the memories they shared before.

Sobrang nangungulila siya kay Yza.

He looked up at the sky just to hold on the tears from falling. Used to be like that for 7 damn years.