Chapter Three

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

"Where will I be staying?" Angel asked Ami.

Ami contemplated that for a moment. "Well you did say the tent was where you were staying so I'd say it's best for you to stay there," she responded.

"WHAT?" Noah yelled, standing up.

"Noah, please sit down," Billy sighed.

Noah tried to calm himself and sat back down. He couldn't believe his parents were making him share his tent with a girl he barely knew. With a girl who had invaded their space. Yes, he understood her situation, but was it really him that had to suffer?

"Mom, do I truly have to share my tent with her?" he asked.

"Yes son, you'll be sharing your tent with her. It wouldn't hurt to have a little company would it?" she asked.

He sighed. "I suppose not."

"Now, why don't the two of you run along and finish cleaning up the tent? You can figure things out as well. There's plenty of work to be done," Ami said.

"Yes ma'am," Angel replied, getting up from the table.

Noah followed behind Angel to the tent. When they arrived, they got to work cleaning up the tent without talking. Noah watched Angel out of the corner of his eye. He didn't like the fact that she was touching his stuff but it was better to have help than to do it alone. He only intervened when she picked up a jar and looked at it, her eyes wide.

He snatched the item out of her hand and glared at her.

"You have a dead bat soaking in vinegar in a jar?" she asked him.

"It's interesting," he told her.

"It's weird," she said. "But I guess people have their own personal preferences."

"If you can't deal with my experiments, you don't have to stay here. Go find somewhere else to stay."

She didn't say anything and continued to clean up. It was an hour later when the place was picked up and everything was either in the garbage or in the specific place that Noah wanted it to be. Now the only problem they would have to figure out is where they were both sleeping.

"As you know, I only have one bed," he said.

"Yes, I do know that. I've been sleeping in it," she stated the obvious.

He sighed and thought of what would be best to do. Of course his chivalrous nature took over and he decided the right thing to do.

"You can have the bed," he told her.

"No, I can't let you do that. This is your place," she insisted.

"No, it's truly okay. It's only proper that the woman gets the bed. I will figure something out. I'm quite the handy man. I can whip something up out of nothing."

"Thank you."

He nodded in acknowledgement and exited the tent without another word. He walked around camp, finding himself smiling at the progress that was happening. The place was beginning to look like their home again.

"Hey Noah, where's that girl?" Bear asked.

"She's in the tent."

"Awesome! I'm going to see her."

Noah gave him a small nod and went on his merry way. He knew Bear was going to try to go after Angel. He was the only other single man in the family and was trying to find somebody to be with. Noah just hoped Bear wouldn't make it a habit of spending time in the tent. He had his own tree house to live in and if he wanted to spend time with Angel, he could bring her there.

Now to get onto figuring out where he was going to sleep in that small tent...

~COPYRIGHT 2016~

IMPORTANT!

Hey y'all, I know it's been a while. There's been a lot going on with school and work and life in general. I'm sorry I haven't uploaded anything in nearly a month. And this chapter is very short. There is a reason for that. To be honest with you, I am having difficulty writing this book. If anybody has any ideas, please message me and let me know. I will give you credit for your ideas! Please help me out if you can!

Much love,

Ash <3

;z