Part 29

Astrid's eyes opened. She turned to see herself lying down in a bed, Hiccup sleeping beside her. Astrid looked up. They were in Hiccup's room. When did they get here?

The last thing she remembered was flying on Toothless with Hiccup. How did she get here?

Hiccup shifted, turning onto his side, facing Astrid. Astrid spun her head to look at him. Hiccup was grinning; Astrid wondered what about.

Astrid grinned, kissing Hiccup's head softly. Hiccup's grin enlarged. Astrid quietly sat up and got out of bed, tiptoeing over to the stairs that led downstairs.

Astrid froze as she heard a dragon whine. She turned to see Toothless' dark silhouette staring at her, his head cocked to the side. Astrid groaned irritability. The sun hadn't even come out yet.

"Toothless!" Astrid hissed quietly. "Go back to sleep." Toothless whined again. "I'll be fine bud, just go to sleep!" Astrid ran down the stairs and, quickly shoving her boots on, left the house.

A little while later, as the sun came up, Hiccup began to stir before he was awake, sat up in his bed. He had noticed the empty space next to him immediately and was already half way out the front door as Toothless bounded after him.

Hiccup ran and ran until he was at the edge of Berk. He stopped, gasping for his breath. When he had recovered he smiled sadly. There in front of him was Astrid, hugging herself as she stared out at the horizon, watching the sun rise.

Astrid didn't hear him approach; she'd jumped when arms wrapped around her. Knowing it was only him, Astrid relaxed and held onto his arm as the other ran his fingers through a strand of her hair.

Astrid leaned back. Hiccup's lips brushed her collarbone. "Why are you out here so early?" He mumbled against her skin.

Astrid shrugged slightly. "I needed some fresh air."

Hiccup noticed that she had lied and Astrid knew that. In all honesty, Astrid just wanted some peace and quiet. She had seen Camicazi sneaking around on the way to the cliff but decided to not bother her.

"Astrid," Hiccup said, sighing, "you and I both know you're not telling the truth. Why even bother to lie to me when I know when you're lying?"

Astrid's lips parted but no sound came out. What was Hiccup talking about?

"Astrid," Hiccup continued, "just tell me the truth."

Astrid glared at the horizon. A sudden tight sensation clawed at her stomach. Astrid shoved Hiccup's arms off herself. "I don't have to tell you everything." It was like Hiccup didn't trust her.

"What if it's important?" Hiccup asked, completely oblivious to Astrid's statement.

"If it was important then I'd tell you."

"Then tell me."

"Who said it was important?"

"Me," Hiccup retorted.

Veins in Astrid's neck started to throb dangerously. Hiccup was starting to annoy her. "Just drop it Hiccup."

"I'm not going to. I'm going to find out what's going on, whether you like it or not." Astrid just wanted Camicazi gone, to never return. But of course, that would never happen.

Much to Astrid's annoyance, Hiccup draped his arms across Astrid's back and pulled her closer. Astrid had difficulty getting out of his grip until she gave up. Hiccup was stronger than he looks. Maybe even stronger than Astrid... no, nobody is as strong as Astrid.

Hiccup's grip softened as he grabbed Astrid's arms and wound them around his neck. Astrid didn't object; she glared at Hiccup the whole time.

Hiccup's forehead hit hers. "I'm just trying to help. If you don't want it then tell me."

Astrid groaned. Now she'd gone and done it. Great job. "Of course I want your help, you help me all the time, especially at the Edge. I never said anything about not wanting your help. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for you. I would've been a cold hearted bitch with no feelings for anything."

Hiccup chuckled, Astrid laughing alongside him. Once it had died down, Astrid spoke again. "I'm being serious Hiccup."

Before Hiccup could reply, Stoick Haddock came running up to the both of them. "Hiccup! An unknown ship is in the docks! I need you and Astrid to come with me. Now."

"But Dad - "

"Now Son."

Hiccup sighed, nodding reluctantly. "We'll talk later," he whispered to Astrid as they followed the Chief to the docks. Astrid sighed, reaching the docks.

Astrid stayed behind as Hiccup and Stoick walked forward, stopping next to the unknown boat where a teenage boy was standing just in front of them. Hiccup immediately noticed that this guy had apprantley been very well known to wherever he came from due to the boy's looks.

He was what was considered as attractive. Well, Hiccup didn't think that. The boy smiled at Stoick, bowing slightly. "Stoick Haddock," the boy spoke. Hiccup mentally cringed; he did not like the sound of his voice.

"Who are you?" The Chief asked. Astrid snuck closer.

"I am Alta. Alta Gren, son of Oden Gren, heir to the throne of the Grennals." Hiccup scoffed, what type of name was that?

Hiccup saw Alta and his father shake hands. Alta was the same height as Hiccup though he felt very offended by his presence.

"Alta?" A voice spoke behind him, a tone of pure shock. Hiccup couldn't believe it...

It was Astrid.