Chapter 4

Christian's P.O.V

I've been attending Anastasia's school for a while now. Anastasia's mother insisted that I enroll there just for the time being. She believes that this way I'll be able to spend more time with her. It's a puzzle of how she even got me in to the damn place.

She said that this way I can slowly work my way into helping Anastasia.

Whatever that means. It would've been better just speaking with her when she wakes up.

I found out the hard way that the reason I saw her at the hospital was because she works there as a doctor. It was mere coincidence that she saw us.

At least that explains how she can have constant supply of blood, but I prefer blood from the vein better.

I know that my father's men are out there searching for me and I've managed to avoid them few times. Man were they pathetic! They must be lackadaisical or something.

I understand that there is a war going on and all but I just really needed some freedom from that mansion for a while. I needed some time to figure out what happened that day and why. I needed to know if she was the one that really did it. The one that took her away from me.....the only person that really took care of me, was snatched away from me. I needed to know if it really was her that snatched her away from me.

What the hell are you going on about? You should just kill where she lies right now!

No......not yet.

I sat by her bedside for what seemed like forever. If I wanted to take her out I could've done so now without a problem.

She'd been unconscious ever since the day she came back to the mansion and her fever hasn't improved much either.

Anastasia's mother removed her from the hospital because she didn't think she'd be safe there. So now she's at home lying in her room.

Her mother later came in the room and changed her ice pack for another one and cleaned her up, tucking her into bed further. After she was done checking her temperature she turned towards me.

"Why don't you come down for something to eat" she offered.

"No, I'm fine" I turned it down.

"I know you want her to recover but you have to take care of yourself in order to do so." She advised.

Pssh!
I think she got it all wrong there!
I want her to recover, but not for the same reason she might think. And after that I wouldn't care less of what happened to her.....oh yes, I would. I wanted her dead!

I didn't argue any further and followed her down the stairs. I sat down around the island where she later handed me a blood bag.

I didn't really like drinking blood from the bag so I just played around with it for a while. I cringed internally when she stared at me expectantly. Wanting to distract her, I spoke up.

"So what exactly am I dealing with here?" I asked trying my best to investigate the situation.

"She's been having faint spells ever since she returned. Before you ask, she's been missing for months with no trace of her anywhere, that was until-" she explained and paused as she tried to calm herself down.