Crosshares

Velvet walked cheerily down the hallways of beacon alongside her teammate Coco, who was becoming a little peeved at all of the glares being sent towards the said small Faunus. "I don't like the way they're always treating you just because you're different, why do you stand for it?" Coco questioned, curious as to why this deadly bunny would take the shit she does from team CRDN, or anyone really. Velvet looked up at the taller teammate and smiled "It doesn't bother me, besides, I'm not worried about it right now because you're here to protect me!" The bubbly Faunus went back to her happy demeanor not noticing the blush forming on the face of her coffee loving teammate. Coco sighed, but kept up an even pace with the now slightly skipping Faunus. "What's got you in such a great mood today bun? Did Yatsu make carrot cake or something?" Coco smirked at Velvet, whom by now had stopped skipping and instead started blushing. "Oh, um, no I don't think he has, it would be cool if he did though."
Coco rolled her eyes at the simpleminded comment. "Yeah, it would be cool, but you didn't answer my question, what is it that has my bun in such a great mood?" Velvet couldn't stop her blush from growing when the thought that Coco just called Velvet hers struck her thoughts. "U-um it's nothing really, I'm just happy you decided to walk with me back to our dorm..." Coco smiled and thought how adorable the small Faunus looked and acted, she had kept her crush on Velvet a secret ever since the two became teammates, and tonight would be the night she finally confessed. The two boys in the dorm offered Coco words of encouragement when she told them, and they even volunteered to to go out and buy some stuff the team needed in order to give the two girls their privacy. Little did Coco know, Velvet also had a crush on the fashionista that had grown rather large, but she didn't think there was anyway possible for someone to like her, she is a Faunus after all, and a Faunus dating a human was thought by many to be taboo.

When the two girls arrived at their dorm, Yatsuhashi and Fox had already left for the market. Coco set her purse and Velvet's box (which she volunteered to carry) on the counter where the two normally kept their weapons and followed Velvet into their shared room. Unlike first years, once a gender divided team reaches their second year, they are provided two bedrooms with a private bathroom in each, a kitchen, a living room, and four beds. Coco sighed and jumped onto her bed belly flopping, which earned a giggle from Velvet who had just come out of their bathroom from changing. Velvet was now wearing a brown tee shirt and some black shorts. Simple yet adorable Coco thought to herself while smirking. "Wh-what is it? Do I have something on my shirt?" Velvet began looking over her shirt frantically trying to figure out what was wrong only for Coco to start laughing at the cluelessness of her teammate. It was then silent for a few minutes until Coco broke the ice saying: "Hey bun, wanna come watch Netflix or something in the living room with me?" Velvet was shocked by the sudden disturbance of the silence but she nodded and followed Coco into the into the main room. The two sat down on the couch and Coco picked up the remote "so, what do you want to watch bun? What about Puppet Master? Is that cool with you?" Before even getting an answer Coco clicked on the movie and turned up the volume and moved closer to Velvet. Velvet went along with it and snuggled up to Coco before sighing contently. It wasn't long into the movie before Velvet figured out why it was Coco wanted to watch the Puppet Master, it was a horror movie. Velvet didn't scare easy, but whenever it came to things like horror movies, she wanted nothing to do with it. Coco knew horror wasn't Velvet's ideal movie choice, but she also didn't know exactly how much she hated it either. Then again, Coco wasn't complaining, as Velvet was currently holding onto Coco as if her life depended on it, along with whining from fear. She decided to spare Velvet and switched the horror movie to looney tunes which she knew was Velvet's favorite cartoon, she could always finish the movie later by herself after all. Velvet was still shaken by the horror movie, but she was grateful that Coco decided to change it. They weren't far into the cartoon before Velvet began dosing off with her head on Coco's shoulder as breathing in the smell of chocolates and coffee relaxed her. Coco blushed and thought how cute the Faunus looked adorable in her sleep, and every other time to of course. It's only natural that Coco couldn't stop herself when she leaned down and gave the girl a kiss the cheek, not knowing that the Faunus girl had not fallen asleep just yet. Velvet jerked her head up once she felt Coco's lips on her cheek, causing the two to collide in an accidental kiss. Velvet wasn't sure what happened at first, or how her and Coco ended up kissing, but she didn't resist. Meanwhile saying Coco was shocked is an understatement. Especially when it was Velvet who deepened the kiss and forced herself closer to Coco, who happily obliged. Before long, Coco had Velvet pinned to the couch and the two were both panting heavily. "So bun, I've been meaning to tell you for a while now, but I think you're the cutest girl I've ever met and I really like you. Will you be mine?" Velvet blushed a bright red, it was as if her dreams were coming true, what she never thought would happen was occurring before her! Velvet nodded in anticipation only for the movement of her head to stop once Coco brushed their lips together slightly before pulling back. "What was that bun? I didn't hear you. Speak up won't you darling?" Coco watched with a smirk playing on her lips as she saw the blush on Velvet's face deepen. The fashionista wasn't going to deny that she enjoyed teasing the Faunus underneath her, after all, her reactions were adorable. Velvet stumbled over her words, but still she managed out a reply. "Y-Yes, of c-course! D-Do you even have to a-ask?" Coco smiled and started playing with the loose strand of Velvets hair that had fallen into her face. "So since we're officially together now, why don't we go to that restaurant in town you said that you wanted to go to? This Saturday sound good to you?" Velvet nodded before responding with a smile on her face. "Sounds wonderful, but what do we tell the boys?" Coco pondered the question before smiling, and kissing Velvet on the cheek. "We tell them that I'm dating the hottest chick in the school." Velvet smacked Coco's arm playfully before the two snuggled up together on the couch, thinking about their upcoming date.