Chapter Seven - Talking to someone you're not supposed to

I got out of my car as soon as I hit the wolf. I probably killed it. I got to the front of the car only to find it gone.

"What the?"

I searched everywhere for it. Under the car, the side of the road, even in the hood of my car. It was gone.

I know I hit it. There's even a small dent on my headlights.

"I'm going insane." I said walking back to the car.

I drove back forgetting the weird encounter and focused on driving to my brother's safely. Then I saw a half naked man with pants on and his hands waving at me to stop.

I slowed down as I looked at him with a what-the-hell face. I pulled down my windows to talk to him, "Do you need any help?"

Panting, "Thanks for stopping. Could you give me a ride?"

"Uh...sure. Where to?"

"Wherever you're headed."

"To my brother's."

"Thanks." He said opening the passenger door and hopping in.

He was sweaty as if he was jogging down the street with jeans on. His hands was shaking to and he repeatedly looked back as if someone was following us.

"Are you okay? You looked exhausted."

"I got lost in the woods and I found my way in the highway. I don't know where the hell I am."

"You're in Lincoln, Nebraska. Do you need to call someone?"

"I don't have any family."

"Oh." I said. The guy didn't look like he'd harm me.

"What's your name?"

"Grayson." He answered.

He wiped sweat off his forehead with his hand.

"Why do you keep looking back?"

"I'm not looking back." He lied.

I left him alone and kept driving. I don't know where the hell I'll leave him because I cannot drop him off my brother's place and I couldn't leave at the side of the road.

"Um...listen. I don't know where to drop you off. Do you have a place to stay or something?"

"No. Is there a homeless shelter nearby?"

Now I felt really bad on abandoning him. He has no family, no place to stay, and only pants to wear. And he wants to go to a homeless shelter.

"I don't know any shelters. But I'll get you some clothes."

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"You only have pants on? Don't you want a shirt?"

"Oh. Yeah. I forgot that I wasn't wearing a shirt."

"Okay." I said. This guy was a little weird. Maybe he just needs to eat something. He looks boney. My brother called again.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm on my way. I just picked up a hitchhiker."

"What? We don't have time for that. We need to leave now if you want to talk to Logan."

"Yeah I know." I said. I spoke in a quieter voice, "But this guy he's homeless."

"You're going to get yourself killed one of these days. Bring him over and then we'll feed him or whatever."