"Say!" He whispered.

Her smile widened.

"Happy birthday!"

He smiled back at her heartily.

"Thank you." He replied. "You came to wish me only? At this time?"

Her face paled. She looked down at her feet. He got confused. He made her look at him with his index finger on her chin. He became worried seeing the precious pearls rolling out her eyes.

Sanskaar tried Lakshya's phone number for the 13th time. He promised to get back to his dorm before 11, but was making him crazy by not picking his phone. He decided to drive to his hostel. He didn't care of what he was wearing, a t-shirt and pyjama. He just wore his watch and pit his phone and wallet in his pockets and rushed out of the lodge.

Fortunately, he got a cab without much effort. On his way, he saw a couple eating Pao-Bhaji. The old memory flashed in front of his eyes.

Flashback

It was a pleasant, Sunday morning. It was 6 in the clock and Sanskaar was already up. The only reason was that today he was going to see her; his would be wife. He was back from Delhi 2 months back, completing his studies and today his marriage was going to be fixed. It wasn't surprising because they were family friends and their marriage was fixed when they were kids.

The Maheswari family reached their destination at 11:30. They were sitting in the hall. It all started with cold drinks, samosa etc. But she finished it with a tray full of tea and biscuits in her hand. She came with her mother and little sister and greeted to everyone.

Man! She is a real beauty. Thought Sanskaar as soon as he saw her.

He had last seen her when he was 15. I never thought, she would have grown so beautiful, in these years.

She sat in between his and her mom while her sister went out to play with Lakshya. After a lot of chit-chat, the  elders offered them to go for a dinner that night.

Swara had taken a quick shower as he was going to pick me up at 8. She came out of the washroom wearing her bathrobe and opened her wardrobe. She took out her sky blue anarkali suit with matching Korean earrings. She put on some cream on her face, then a nude eye shadow to her lids with a bit of eyeliner to her eyes and finished it with mascara.

She glossed her lips with pink shade, making her lips totally kissable. She really dressed up for a man for the first time. She left her hair open, bringing it to one side.

After checking her appearance for last time in the mirror, she marched out only to see him settled on the sofa.

Swara! How can you be late on your first date? She scolded herself.

Sanskaar smiled as he saw her. He was dressed in a 3-piece suit which fitted him perfectly. He looked no less than a Greek god. Swara couldn't stop herself from drooling over him.

"Shall we leave?" He brought her to the present.

She nodded and they headed towards his BMW, not before waving a good bye to her parents.

Swara kept looking out of the window while he drove.

"Do you always check out men like that?" Swara's eyes widened hearing this from Sanskaar.

He noticed me checking him out?

Wow! Now, its great! First she was late and now she embarrassed on her first date.

Present

"What happened?" Lakshya asked in concern as he saw Ragini crying.

She put her head on his chest, his one hand held her back and the other patted her head lovingly.

"Hey... Shhh!! Ragini, what's the matter?" He tried to console.

"I.. I am... I am sorry!!" She replied in between the hiccups.

Lakshya couldn't get why was she sorry. He cupped her face and wiped her tears.

"Sorry for what?"

"I... I... In.."

"Stop stammering, Ragini." Lakshya said caressing her cheek with his thumb. "What is it?"

"I slapped...." Before she could finish, he put his thumb on her lips.

"I am not upset, do just chill and stop crying." He said honestly.

"Sachhi?" Her face lit up.

"Mucchi!" He replied with a smile.

"You are so sweet, Lakshya!" She said pulling his cheek.

"Ouch! Ragini!" Lakshya said rubbing his cheek faking a pain.

"Oops! Sorry!" She fakely apologised.

They both burst into laughter then.

"I should leave now." She said.

"Should I drop you?"

"No, no! I have car." She said with a smile.

Lakshya smiled back nodding.

"Bye."

"Bye"

He saw her drive away, before he kissed his thumb, that touched her lips.

Hola guys!
How was the chappy?
Did you thought Ragini would come to meet Lakshya so late at night?

Stay tuned to Swara and Sanskaar's first date in the next chapter!