Twenty-four

When Calum's mom walked in we were cuddled up on the couch. I don't know how we got in that position but that's how we were.

"Just friends? Right " Calum's mom says.

"Sorry, Mrs Hood."

"No need to apologize, it's fine."

"Mom, you don't have to worry we aren't dating."

"Well anyways, I will be making supper soon so why don't you finish the movie upstairs because I will be making a lot of noise. Just keep the door open " Calum's mom said

"Okay. But seriously Mom we are not dating."

"Just wait you two I can see the sparks flying between you two."

"OKAY!! We are just gonna go upstairs then."

Calum grabs my arm and we run up the stairs. I can hear Calum's mom repeat that we need to leave the door open. I don't know how I feel about this whole situation.

Calum opens his bedroom door and walks in leaving the door open. I go and sit on his bed. I realize that we left in such a rush we left the movie downstairs. Oh well.

"Sorry about that."

" It's okay. I mean she does have a point a mean you did kiss me and told me you liked me."

"Yeah well it doesn't matter anyway because you don't like me that like so nothing will happen."

"Well... I never exactly said that I didn't like you. I said I didn't know if I liked like you like that. So not an exact no."

"Are you saying that you do actually like me or you could like me. Or are you just giving me false hope."

"Definitely giving you false hope" I say while laughing. "Just Kidding I mean I need to think about it, but I do feel like there is something."

"Okay. How about I take you out an a date. If you don't feel anything at the end of the date my heart will break, but we won't take our friendship any further. However, if you do feel something I get to take you out on a second date. What do you say?" Calum said

"Okay deal. What do you have on mind."

"You will have to wait and see. I will pick you up at my house, given the circumstances, at 6 on Saturday."

"Okay."I said.

It must be kinda weird because usually people say I will pick you up at your house but he has to say his. I wonder where he will be before the date. Anyways the date will be in 2 days. I'm excited and I don't know why.