Believe (Part 1)

Reader p.o.v

Screams of joy fill my ears, including my rhythmic breathing of exhaustion. My thighs were burning like a hot pipe was placed on top. My heart was pumping in two beats. It was a burning sensation filling my chest, as if I was drowning. Losing my breath, the oxygen I need to breath, to survive for this race. I gasp in more air to fill my lungs. My vision is blurry as I run past people watching, seeing, and experiencing the race, which I was in. I jump onto a platform and raise my arms to the steel bar and I heave myself over the obstacle. I gasp in satisfaction as I made it over. I land roughly on the concrete road. I suddenly feel sudden pain shoot from my left knee. I gasp slightly but I stand back up and proceed running down the course. I hear a faint voice enter my right ear.

"Lily! (Reader) is coming around the corner! Ready!? Three... two... one... GO!" Amanda screams into my earpiece. I smile and speed up my run catching up to the red head. I soon turn down the street with the red head in sync. We both sprint our hardest and I run past Lily making her sprit for her life.

"Lily!" I scream lifting up my left hand for her to slap. I feel a tingling sensation fill my hand and Lily takes off. I smile as I made it but suddenly everything was moving slowly. Why?

"(Reader)!" I heard my mum shout from the sidelines. It all happened so fast, the accident. I sprint again and I eventually catch up to Lily. I leap forward and push her away from the truck hurling towards us. I gasp as we both land out of the way of the truck. I try to catch myself but I feel no feeling in my left leg. I scream and land on my stomach earning an oof from my mouth. I slowly turn over to my back. My vision slowly becomes clear and I see something that terrifies me. I sudden wave of pain hits me and I scream clutching my left thigh. My eyes start to get blurry by my own tears. My leg it was... out of place!

I gasp and I stop running. I lean over and clutch onto my knees for support. I gasp in for air as my chest rise and falls with ease. My heart is beating like it's on a wild goose chase. I feel sweat slowly drip down from my hair onto my neck. I shiver a bit from how gross it was and I lift up the front of my tan top wiping the sensation off my neck. I felt a light breeze sweep past me, cooling my body. I sigh in satisfaction. I open my eyes to see the light blue river flowing. I walk up to the edge of the wooden bridge. I lean my torso over the edge and I smile. I lift myself up and I stand on the edge of the railing. I lift my arms and spread them out wide. I take in everything. The wind was cooling me down so fast that my body was becoming sticky.

"Hello, (Reader)..." I heard a voice suddenly say. I jump a bit and I squeal losing my balance and falling forward. I suddenly feel a hand grip my arm harshly, catching me. The person pulled me back and onto the ground in front of them. I look up to the stranger only to see Takeru.

"Takeru?!" I squeal and I look down embarrassed. I fiddle with the end off my tank top.

"You, run?" he mutters again. I gasp and I look away laughing.

"Hehe, no..." I said rocking lightly on my feet.

"Um... see you at school." I said turning around and walking away from him, heading home to get ready for school.

"I'm coming, (b/n), hang on!" I yell quickly grabbing my lunch and grabbing (b/n) milk bottle. I rush over to (b/n) that was sitting on a mat in the living room. I hear dad exit out of the toilet and rushes over to (b/n) grabbing him and the milk bottle. My dad starts to feed him and I quickly lean over pecking my dad on the cheek.

"Bye, dad see you after school!" I yell opening the door and jogging to school.

The day was almost coming to an end but I thought attending practice with Nana would help clear my head of things back at home. With my mum and all.

"Three, two one... Go!" Nana says into her headset and I stand next to her texting on my phone. I told dad that I would arrive home in about 30 minutes. I suddenly hear Nana gasp and move away from me. I look up to see her running away.

"Huh?! Nana!" I yell jogging after her. I soon arrive near the pathway: Nana, Riku and Takeru were there. They must have talked about something but I stare at Takeru for a bit, thinking about what he said this morning. I clench my hand slightly but I notice his eyes on me. I blush and quickly look away. I tap Nana's shoulder.

"I... go home..." I mutter Japanese slowly. Nana nods understanding the language and she gives me a wave. I also wave goodbye and I smile softly to Riku and Takeru, I walk away returning home.

"Hey, (Reader)..." I heard my name being called out and I look up from my book to see Heath and I instantly blush.

"Um...yes, Heath." I said lifting up the book to cover my blushing face.

"Are you going to join our club?" Heath said slowly in English. I'm shocked. He speaks it so well. It was sexy too... wait? What am I thinking?!

"Yes." I replied with ease staring into his beautiful green eyes. Why do all the boys in this club have nice eyes?!

"But what are you going to be?" he says looking down at me.

"I don't know..." I reply, I look down feeling sad at the topic. I want to run... but I can't.

"I will help out!" I said smiling in his direction.

"If you say so." Heath mutters putting on his blue jersey and walking out of the club room. I sigh in relief from the talk, but I'm unsure if I want to join or not. I think I should. I hear a sudden buzz from my right thigh. I scramble for the device and I tap the button to see the message. I grip the device as I read it slowly, word by word. Bit by bit. Emotion by emotion. For fuck's sake. I growl and quickly put my phone back in my pocket. I open the book to continue reading but my what I was feeling, I couldn't concentrate. I stand up and I bend down to pack the rest of my books in my bag. Stupid job! Stupid moving! Stupid mother!

"Stupid mother!" I yell out in frustration. I gasp and hold my mouth, hoping no one heard. I sip up my bag and walk out of the club room.

I walk past the school's track and I see the whole Stride club running and practicing for the next race. I suddenly feel tears about to escape but I harshly bite my bottom lip. Why can't I just understand them. Then I would be smiling and laughing with them. I shake my head and I walk off. Goddammit I knew they were going to come out. I sniff and quickly wipe the tears away. I didn't see where I was going and I bump into a solid chest. I gasp and look up to see a handsome man with long white hair near his hips.

"Gomenasai!" I yell and quickly bow, I tried to walk past him but a tight grip on my arm stops me. I gasp in surprise and I look back to stare into his grey eyes.

"You're crying". He mutters staring sadly into my (e/c) eyes. I look down in shame. I don't want people to see me like this. Hozumi was the first to see me like this. Because he spoke English, and that just made me happy that there was some hope for me to fit in Japan.

"Please, let go..." I mutter with annoyance. The male let's go of my arm with ease. I turn around to continue my way home.

"Dad? Hello! Anyone home!" I yell into the house and I hear a faint echo ring back to me. I grunt, walking inside and I close the door.