Chapter 2

A/N
Sage of six paths (Hagoromo) speaking
"Hikari speaking to Hagoromo"
"Regular speech"
'Hikari's thoughts'
'Hagoromo's thoughts'

--------------------------------------------------

-Lauren's P.O.V.-
    I opened my eyes and found myself in a small clearing in the woods. I look down at myself to see that I have the body of a six year old.
    "Seriously Hagaromo! (Sage of Six Path's name) An eight year old's body!"
    I hear him chuckle, "Time runs differently in this world then it does in your."
"Hey Hagoromo (Sage of Six Path's name) where am I?" I ask in my mind.
"You are in the forest about 10 miles from the leaf village."
"Okay. Could you warn me if anyone approaches." I ask.
    "Sure, what are you going to do?" He asks.
"I just want to test out some jutsus." With that I went to the center of the field and did some hand signs. "Fire style: Great Fire Ball Jutsu!" I called as a giant fire ball came from my mouth. I did more hand signs. The sounds of birds filled the air, "Chidori!" I slammed my hand into a tree and it was destroyed. I channeled chakra into my hand into a sphere, "Rasengan!" I slammed my hand into another nearby tree which was destroyed. I quickly caught my breath. "Wind Style: Wind Shuriken!" And several trees got giant slashes in the. I continued this until I was almost out of Chakra. It took around two hours. I even tried walking up trees and on water. With a bit of instructions from Romo (She nicknames him that because she didn't feel like saying his whole name.) I got the hang of it pretty quickly.
    "So what do you want to do here?" Romo asks.
    "Hmm... I want to help the Jinchuriki. I know that their villages treat them badly and I want to give them a place where they can be happy. I know it will mess with the plot, but....."
"Don't worry this is a different dimension then the Naruto you know. Everything is the same, except the Uchiha Massacre didn't happen. Itachi, instead was sent on a mission to infiltrate the Akatsuki. So he is still there. Also, the ages of some of the Jinchuriki are different. Well most of the Jinchuriki. They are all around your age." Romo explains. I quickly file the information away before nodding showing that I understood.
    "How old is Naruto at the moment?" I ask in order to figure out where in the plot we are.
"Today is Naruto's 6th Birthday." My eyes widened. The Fox Hunt. I look up at the Sky to see the sun beginning to set.
"How do I get to Konoha!?" I ask getting worried.
"It's to your right. Go straight." With out hesitation I took off running. It wasn't to hard to sneak in. The sun had just set so I'm guessing everyone was looking for Naruto. I quickly ran through the streets and I ended up passing a shop that had a black cloak in the window. I entered the shop and stole the cloak. It was a simple black hooded cloak which was made out of a silk like fabric. It was comfortable and would allow me to hide in the shadows better. I grabbed another one off of a shelf for Naruto. I mean they are out trying to hurt him I feel no guilt about stealing from them. With my hood up my gold eyes probably almost looked like they were glowing. I continued running until I heard some shouts.
    "Get the Demon."
    "It went that way!"
    "Kill it!" The last one made anger rise in me. I jumped up onto the roofs and ran towards the sounds. I saw a little blonde boy running from a large mob of villagers and Shinobi. I jumped into an alley way and as Naruto passed I grabbed him and pulled him into the the shadows. I covered his mouth to keep him from screaming as he thrashed around trying to escape my grip. I shushed him as the mob ran passed us. As soon as they were gone I released him. He quickly jumped away from me to the other side of the alleyway. His eyes were wide with fear. I crawled closer to him and removed my hood. I smiled warmly at him and he looked surprised.
    "Hello there little boy, are you okay?" I say kindly.
He slowly nods his head unable to find his words. "W-who a-are y-you? W-Why a-aren't y-you h-hurting m-m-me?"
    I smile at him. "Why would I hurt a cute kid like you?" I ask as I try to come up with a name. I know that their lives have been difficult. I want to be there for them. I want to be their safety. Their light. Hikari. And for a last name. Jin. For the JINchuriki.
    "B-Because e-everyone s-says t-that I-I'm a d-d-demon." He stutters.
    "You aren't a demon. You're a little boy who needs love and care." I say as I crawl a bit closer to wrap my arms around him in a hug. He flinches at the touch before he hugs back and starts crying.
    "W-Why? W-why d-do they a-always h-hurt me?" He sobs , "W-What d-did I e-ever do t-to t-them?"
    "Your didn't do anything." I tell him as I stroke his hair. After a while he calms down and all I can hear are his sniffles. "There you go. Are you feeling a bit better?" I ask kindly.
    He nods his head, "W-what's your n-name?" He asks.
    "I'm Hikari Jin." I say.
    "I-I'm N-Naruto U-Uzumaki." I looks at me and smiles slightly. I wipe his tear stained cheeks.
    "It's nice to meet you Naruto." I stand up and hold out my hand to help him stand. "We should probably get moving. If we stay here they will find us." I say seriously. Fear enters his eyes. My eyes soften, "Don't worry I won't let them hurt you. I promise." I tell him. "Your my friend now. I consider my friends my family and no one hurts my family." I tell him seriously so that he know that I meant what I said.
    "Hikari-neechan!" Naruto shouts happily as he hugs me tightly. I was slightly taller then the little boy. I placed my hand on his head and ruffled his hair a bit.
    "Let's go Otouto." I smile as I grab his hand and handed him the other cloak. "Put this on." I told him. I hate to break it to him, but his bright blonde hair will stick out like a sore thumb. He grabbed the cloak and fumble around with the clasp to keep it shut. I smile and clasped it for him. He smile at me as I lifted my hood. He did the same. Holding his hand we dashed out of the alley way and to a training ground. I was careful to take the streets without villager on them so that we wouldn't be spotted. We hid in the trees in the forest behind the training grounds. I sigh with relief since we went undiscovered. I know that Naruto doesn't know about Kurama yet so I know that I need to tell him. But, how do you tell someone they have a demon fox sealed inside of them. With a sigh I turned to Naruto on the branch we sat on.
    "Hey Naruto, I need to tell you something." I say seriously, but there was sadness in my eyes.
    "What is it Nee-chan?" He asks innocently. I felt a stab to my heart of having to break the news to him.
    I lean forward and hug him, "I know why the villagers hate you." i felt him stiffen in my arms. After that I told him the story of how the Nine Tails attacked the village and how his father Minato Namikaze and his mother Kushina Uzumaki sacrificed themselves to protect him and the village. I told him everything about that night." By the end of it we were both crying.
    "B-But I d-didn't do a-anything it was that mask guy. H-He c-controlled the f-fox to a-attack the v-village." Naruto sobbed.
    "I know Naruto." I say as I hug him tightly wanting to take away his pain. I felt horrible for this, but he had every right to know.
    "I d-don't w-want to be h-hurt a-anymore." Naruto whimpers. I want to take him with me but here he still has Jiji and Kakashi. Should I ask him. I get serious.
    "Naruto, would you want to leave this village and come live with me?" I ask trying my best to hide how hopeful I was that he'd say yes. I want to allow Naruto and the rest of the Jinchuriki to have a good happy lives. I don't want them to feel so alone.
    "Y-You w-would let m-me stay w-with y-you?" Naruto asks. I nod my head smiling slightly.
    "Of course I would I told you earlier that you're family now." I say happily.
    "I-I won't b-be h-hurt a-anymore?" He asks still a bit nervous.
    "Nope. I won't let anyone hurt you." I say.
    "Nee-chan!" He shouts and hugs me tighter.
    "Is that a yes." I ask. Naruto nods.
    "Are you sure? What about Jiji?" I ask sadly.
    Naruto pulls away and looks down. "Jiji is b-busy b-being a Hokage and can't a-arrest the e-entire v-village just to p-protect me. I r-really c-care about him, but I k-know if I stay here I will keep g-getting h-hurt. I don't w-want to be h-hurt a-anymore. I-I w-will l-leave him a n-note so h-he d-doesn't w-worry." He says as he looks back up at me. I smile at him. We ended up hiding in the woods until the sun rose again and the villagers gave up and went home. We were almost caught twice, but we managed to stay hidden. We ended up talking to each other most of the night. When I told him about the other Jinchuriki's he was really happy that he wasn't alone. I even told him about my past and how I was bullied and outcasted by everyone. How they called me a freak because of my eye color and how my parents ignored me. Of course I didn't tell him about coming from another world though. I don't want to think about that world anymore. This world is my home now. He got a bit sad when I told him about my past, but I told him not to feel bad. Once the sun finally rose we went to his apartment that had obviously been broken into and trashed. Probably by the villagers who were upset about not being able to find the 'demon brat'. We quickly gathered up his clothes, some food, and anything else we might need while traveling. Once we were finished packing we went into town with our hoods up so we wouldn't be recognized and went to the gates. Izumo and Kotetsu were of course sleeping so we quietly snuck by them.
    "Hey Romo, is there a forest far away from the other villages, with out Akatsuki and obviously Orochimaru, or is that to much to ask?"
    "There is one, It is about 10 days walk to the north-west of here. If you run you could probably make it in about a week." I immediately took off to the North west with Naruto right behind me. He hasn't joined the Academy yet so we can't jump through the trees so we will have to be careful, but since he was always being chased by the villagers he has amazing stamina and speed.

-6 days later-
    We were in the forest Romo told me about. "Are we almost there?" Naruto asks. I nodded my head. According to the Sage there is the perfect site for what I plan to do up ahead. About five minutes later we had arrived. In front of us stood Ten HUGE! Trees. One in the middle and nine around it.
    "We're here" I told him and Naruto fell on his butt catching his breath, I took out a canteen that Romo had taught me how to make from a rabbit I caught a few days back, and handed it to Naruto. I grabbed it and gulped down all the water. Once it was empty I refilled it in the stream about 50 yards away. I came back and looked up at the trees.
    "Hey Romo can I use wood style?" I ask.
    "Do you need it to protect the people you care about?" He asks.
"Yes." I told him.
"Then yes you can use it." He answered. I smile and did hand signs. I then used the wood style to create tree houses in the ten trees. There were bridges linking all the tree houses. There was a path going around my house which was the one in the middle. I created a staircase inside of my tree and comes out underneath the path around my house and goes up into the path. I made sure every thing was camouflaged so that if anyone were to stumble into the forest they wouldn't see the tree houses.
    "Come on Naruto." I say as I help him up. I began walking over the giant roots at the bottom of the middle tree which hid the entrance to the stairs. I walk under to the roots and into the doorway which was also hidden by shadows. Naruto followed slowly behind me. When I opened the door which reveals the stairs Naruto stared surprised. We walked up the stairs and came out on top with all of the houses. Naruto looked around amazed. I walked over to the house across from mine and the 'Naruto' was carved into the wood above the entrance.    
    "This will be your house." I say smiling. "The one in the middle is mine. Why don't you go unpack and get settled down. I will come back in an hour okay?" Naruto nods and runs into the house eager to look around. I head over to my house to look around. (Floor layout in pictures above.) I went to my bedroom and found some clothes already in the closet of my bedroom.
    "Romo?" I ask confused.
"Well I know you need clothes." He answers.
    I smile, "Thanks Romo!" I look through my closet and pull out a black sleeveless crop top, black jacket that I left unzipped, black spandex shorts, a short black skirt, and black combat boots. I kept my cloak on with my hood off. I looked in my mirror and I looked badass. I love the color black it helps you hide from your enemies, and it just plain looks awesome. This will definitely be my favorite outfit out of what I saw in my closet. I went to my bathroom and washed my face. (A/N: Do not judge this is a fanfic so I say there is running water in the tree house :) )
    After an hour I went back to Naruto's place. I found Naruto in his room laying on his bed asleep. He was probably exhausted from the journey. I tucked him in and closed the curtains, before leaving and heading back to my place.
    Before walking out the door I turned back and looked into his house. Smiling softly I whispered, "Goodnight Otouto."