Back to Texas (Part 1)

-Lucas' POV-
"Ok thanks Pappy Joe. Oh the planes leaving now, I'll see you in a few hours. Bye." I say hanging up my phone.

"You excited Huckleberry? You get to go back to all the cattle patches." Maya asks in her Texan accent as we sit on the plane.

Pappy Joe asked if I wanted to come back and stay over at Texas for a few days with some friends for the Austin Roundup Rodeo. Maya was a definite of course. Riley and Farkle were obvious choices and Zay practically begged me to come so I invited him too.

Me and Maya are sat on the right side of the plane and the others are sat in the middle section.

"Oh I can't wait Shortstack." I chuckle back.

"Watch it Huckleberry. Your stuck next to me for 4 hours." She says as the flight intercom comes on.

"Welcome to flight 74 to Austin, Texas. Our flight time will be approximately 3 hours and 47 minutes and we are scheduled to arrive at 22:28 local time. Complimentary snacks and beverages will be coming around later into our flight. Please keep your seatbelts on unless the sign says otherwise and no smoking on the aircraft. Our flight is about to take off so please make sure that no electronic devices are on until the captain says otherwise. I hope you enjoy the flight." A crew member says over the intercom.

I tighten my seatbelt and switch my phone off as the plane begins to move onto the runway.

I look over at Maya and see she's gripping the armrests tightly and is breathing heavily.

"What's wrong Maya?" I ask gently touching her arm.

"Nothing, I'm fine." She says shrugging my arm off as the plane reaches the end of the runway.

The planes engines start and Maya grips tightly onto my arm.

I wrap my around her waist and she leans her head on my shoulder, not letting go of my arm.

The plane shoots down the runway and up into the air, making my ears pop.

After a few minutes the seatbelt sign turns off and I unclip mind with my free hand.

"Maya, you can take your seatbelt off if you want." I mumble turning to face her.

"No, it's not safe." She mutters.

"Of course it is Maya." I chuckle.

"Don't laugh, planes can crash!" She snaps.

"That's what this is all about. Your scared of planes, aren't you?" I ask.

"Of course not Sundance!" She snaps back.

"Ok, if you say so." I say moving my arm away from her waist.

As I move my arm over head, she grabs my arm and glares at me.

"Ok so I'm a bit scared." She sighs.

"It's fine. You don't need to worry, I won't let anything happen to you." I say.

"And you just made it cheesy." She chuckles unclicking her seatbelt.

I pull up the armrest and wrap my arm back around her waist as she snuggles into my side.

"How long left?" She moans.

"3 hours 45 minutes." I chuckle looking up at the monitor.

"That's too long." She moans.

"Go to sleep then. It will go quicker." I chuckle.

"M'kay. Night Huckleberry." She mumbles closing her eyes.