Romance Is In The Air

Start from the beginning

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Wow." He breathed. "I thought guys would be all over such a beautiful girl like you."

"Well, when they tried something, my dad would step in. After my mother died, he got really protective. Eventually, he wouldn't even let me go out with friends." I realized what a depressing life I lived but no tears came out this time.

"I'm so sorry about your past Jen. If I could change it, I would. You didn't deserve any of it." Harry expressed.

"But the thing is, you can't. And it's not your fault. And it's not my fault either. I've learned to put my past behind me." I put on a brave smile.

"You are such a strong girl Jen." Harry whispered.

"Strong, and hungry." I said, handing one of the muffins still clasped in my hand to Harry and taking a bite out of the other one.

Harry chuckled. "Do you know where Niall is?"

"Yeah, him and Bri are sleeping in the living room."

"Oh k."

"Why?"

"There goes the curiosity again." Harry trailed off.

"Oh shh." I said as I slapped his arm playfully.

"Just wondering, to answer your question. So, you wanna go hang out around town today?" He asked me.

"Yeah!" I cheered. I felt like a kid again.

"Ok." Harry smiled.

"But I think I should get dressed and you should put a shirt on first." I said, very bossily.

"Aw, I like being half naked." Harry grinned, posing again.

I slapped my hand on my forehead before pushing him out the door.

"Just go." I said.

When Harry was out and the door was firmly shut, I got dressed.

I picked out a pair of jeans and a purple and pink coloured satin shirt.

I just brushed my hair and my natural waves showed through.

When I was done, I ran out to meet Harry. Thankfully, he had a shirt on and was swirling his car keys in his hand.

"Ok, let's go. Just don't wake the lovebirds." Harry said, jabbing a finger toward Niall and Brianna who were still fast asleep.

We silently crept past them and out the door. When we approached Harry's car, he jogged ahead and opened the door for me. I happily got in and watched him jog to the drivers side.

When he got in, he revved the engine.

"Oh stop trying to be cool." I teased.

"I'm not trying, it just comes naturally." Harry winked.

I shook my head at his comeback and he swiftly pulled out of the driveway.

"So, where to first?" I asked curiously.

"Well, we need groceries so Safeway?" He asked.

"Sounds alright to me."

When we pulled into the Safeway parking lot, I looked at the sky.

There were some dark clouds approaching. That might put a damper on our plans.

I pointed it out to Harry and I watched as he intensely stared at the darkening sky.