Chapter four

Laura Donnelly as Jenny Fraser Murray

Listen to the song and that's kind of what she sounds like

We walked back to the men and prepared to leave. I was told that I'd be riding with Jamie and after being lifted onto the horse in front of Jamie we were on the road. We rode till night fall then stopped for the night. The next morning I awoke first so I decided to watch the sunrise by the pond that was just over a small hill. I walked over the hill and sat down on a rock by the water. I remember my mother singing me a song she heard from a Scottish women. That was before she got sick and followed my father to the grave. I began to sing the song she taught me.

Sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Say could that lass be I
Merry of soul she said on a day
Over the sea to Skye
Billow and breeze
Islands and seas
Mountain of rain and sun
All that was good
All that was fair
All that was me is gone
Sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Say could that lass be I
Merry of soul she sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye

"You have a beautiful voice lass" Jamie said sitting down on the rock next to me.

"Thank you " I said. He nodded and stared at the sunrise. "I'm sorry if I woke you."

"Tis a fine way to be awoken in the morning" I smiled and joined him in staring at the sunrise.

"Jamie, Miss. Beauchamp, we should be going now." Dougal said. Jamie and I stood and walked over the hill to the horses. Jamie got on the horse then Dougal helped me get on. We rode all day and into the night for two days till we made it to Lallybroch. Dougal, Angus, and Rupert rode on ahead.

"Where are they going?" I asked.

"To Castle Mackenzie" he said "They were escorting me home from France." I nodded as he got off his horse and then helped me off. He then let the stable boy take the horse away.

"Come lass and meet my family." We walked inside the house to be greeted by an heavily pregnant angry woman.

"James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser where the hell have you been!"

"Tis nice to see you too, sister" Jamie said. The lady came up and got in his face. They stared at each other then laughed and hugged.

"I've missed you" she said.

"Aye, me too" he said. Jamie's sister finally turned to me and looked me up and down.

"And who is this?"

"Jenny, this is Claire Beauchamp, a friend of Alec and Isabelle." Jamie said

"I'm Jenny, it's lovely to meet you." She said.