Chapter 14 - The Shatterdome

January 2nd, 2027 - 6 pm

The trip to Hong Kong was as exciting as one would expect with a 5-year-old passenger. Ezra was excited for the first twenty minutes of flying over the ocean before he became bored and sat back in his seat with a frown on his face. The pout was adorable and Analia had a hard time ignoring it. She met Raleigh's gaze beside her and he gave her a loving smile. He reached over and laced their fingers together. With a sigh, she rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. A few moments later she felt Ezra curl up in the seat and rest his head in her lap. She put her arm over him and rubbed her thumb on his arm to help soothe him. Before too long, she was drifting to sleep.

She woke later on in the flight to Raleigh moving around a bit. She sat upright and looked around momentarily. First, her eyes caught the fact that her son was still asleep on her lap and then she saw Raleigh looking at her. 

"How long was I asleep?" She asked him as she yawned. 

"About twelve hours." He replied, giving her a kiss on the forehead. 

"Did you sleep at all?" She inquired. 

"I just woke up as well." He told her with a smile 

"How much longer??" 

"Two hours Mrs. Becket." Pentecost suddenly spoke up, causing her to jump slightly. She quickly looked down to make sure her jolt hadn't cause Ezra to wake and she was thankful he was such a heavy sleeper like his father. 

"Thank you sir." She replied. He gave her a nod and as he looked out the window again she caught the smirk that had barely lifted the corner of his mouth. 

"I think he likes me." She leaned over and whispered to Raleigh who looked at Pentecost and chuckled. 

"You called him sir, yet you are not a pilot. I think he is more amused than anything." Raleigh responded. 

"So he doesn't like me?" She asked with a smirk. 

"Don't get your hopes up sweetheart." He whispered back and gave her a peck on the lips. 

"Whatever you say smart ass." She rolled her eyes and looked out the window. 

Two hours passed in the blink of an eye and soon she was waking up Ezra so he could get a good look at the Shatterdome. It took her a few minutes but once she knew he was awake she told him they were arriving and he jumped up and pressed his face against the glass. She chuckled and got close enough to see out the window as well. From where they were she could see six-bay doors where the Jaegers were deployed. Above that was the helipad where people were also just arriving and getting equipment inside. 

The landing was a bit rough but once they had landed she took a deep breath. She had never liked drops. Ezra was a bundle of energy and when she picked him up he fussed for a few moments until she explained why he couldn't walk around on his own. She was afraid he would get hurt or get lost. As she exited the Helicopter she realized it was raining and with a puff she quickly shuffled to Raleigh's side where Pentecost was introducing him to a young Japanese woman. 

"Mr. Becket, this is Mako Mori. One of my brightest, also in charge of the Mark 3 restoration program. She personally handpicked your co-pilot candidates." She heard Pentecost say and she felt a bit left out as he didn't introduce her but she wasn't really important in this environment. Mako spoke quickly in a different language but what surprised her was when her husband replied back in fluent Japanese. She looked at him with wide eyes. She had known him for over five years and the fact that he spoke another language had never come up in conversation.