"So... I think I'll go now... You think this over, get used to the idea" I patted her shoulder gently before picking up my bag and edging towards the door. "Lock the door yeah?... Lidia? Hola?... Are you ok?... Um Adios?"

And so like the good friend I am left her stood in my classroom like a zombie in shock and made my way towards the car park and the waiting Sergio.

"Hey beautiful" He said as soon as I reached him and he lovingly pressed his full lips against mine just briefly.

I had missed him.

The dangerous thought hit me like a speeding train. Missing a man you barely knew? Nuh huh. Not good. This was so unlike me, to fall in lust so easily, it wasn't love yet. Definitely not. But I could feel the beginnings of it blossoming within me.

It was Friday night and tomorrow Sergio had a game at the Bernabeu, it was a Real Madrid tradition (according to Sergio) that the team would meet up and eat together the night before a home game. Last night Sergio had called me and said I just HAD to go with him, and so here we were in Sergio's car heading across Madrid toward Iker Casillas' house.

Me? Myself? Yeah I shit scared. I was about to meet all of these footballing superstars who I used to admire on TV. I was about to find out what they were really like in person, and the wags. Holy fuck, the wags!! I was I full on panicking now. What if they were bitchy and judgmental? Would they think I was too ugly for Sergio? Or not classy enough? Or not Spanish enough?!

"Baby, stop panicking. They'll love you" Sergio placed one of his hands on my knees and squeezed it gently. He must have read my mind, or more likely he noticed the fact that it was nearly hyperventilating. "They're my friends Olivia, they're not going to bite you"

"Sergio...." I whined, feeling sorry for myself. "What if your teammates think I'm ugly?"

He actually starting laughing when I said that as if he found me ridiculous, which made me feel worse. "Olivia, I can assure you no one will think that." He lifted my chin so that i was looking at him. "Stop it now ok? You don't need to worry about anything. These are good people"

"Ok" I mumbled, I trusted Sergio sure, but that didn't mean I was feeling any less nervous about meeting them all.

A few minutes later and we were walking through Iker's beautiful house towards the garden where all of Sergio's teammates had congregated.

A bunch of hellos welcomed us into the garden and dazzling white smiles were directed our way, making me feel slightly more comfortable that they were actually welcoming.

"This is Mesut, Mandy, Karim, Sarah, Irina, Cristiano, Lana, Sami..." Etc. etc. Sergio introduced them to me one by one and I offered them all polite smiles and just hoped I wouldn't get tested on these million and one names.

The guys gave Sergio manly hugs and then turned to me for the normal Spanish double cheek kiss, the women also kissed my cheeks and offered me the same "hi nice to meet you" line.

Sergio and I finally took our seats in the circle and Sergio was immediately dragged into conversation by the man on his right, Pepe I think? He looked really different in person, what with the new fro look he had going on.

"Hi. I'm Carol. You probably couldn't remember all those names right?" The beautiful lady on my left reintroduced herself to me. She must be Kaka's wife, as she was sat next to him.

"Olivia. It's nice to meet you." I shook her delicate hand. "There's just so many of you!"

We both laughed. "It's an 'us' now. You're part of the family once you've been to a pre match meal!" She nudged me in the side playfully.

"Huh? What do you mean?" My eyebrows crinkled together in confusion. Part of the family?

"It's one of the unspoken rules. You can't bring just anyone to a pre match meal, you must be very special to Sergio" She smiled at me like a knowing mother, showing me all of her perfect white teeth. "It's about time he brought someone with him"

"Oh." I didn't know how to respond to her. Sergio and I weren't official or anything, we've only been on one date. "He doesn't bring girls with him often?"

"Never." She shared with me. "Since Ricky signed for Madrid, you're the first girl I've ever seen him bring with him. Sure he's had girlfriends, flings, whatever, but no, you're the very first girl he's introduced to his teammates."

I glanced at Sergio to check if he was listening but he was still in deep conversation with Pepe and Cristiano Ronaldo had joined in. None of them were paying attention to Carol and I.

"I didn't know that" I admitted, fiddling with my phone nervously. "I didn't know... Sergio liked me that much"

"But you like him a lot right? I can tell" She asked me. I just nodded as a response. "Well then you like him a lot, he likes you a lot. Be happy"

She friendly patted my shoulder and then, as if the serious conversation didn't happen she suddenly grinned at me. "Ohh foods ready! Come on before all these greedy boys eat it all!"

And I let her pull me, I wouldn't usually allow myself to be pulled around but I liked her. Carol wasn't supposed to be this nice, she was a wag and she was both beautiful and successful but she was still nice. Seems as if Sergio was right, I was worrying over nothing, his friends were nice, and apparently he liked me a lot. Then and there I decided to follow Carol's advice. Forget about how long I've known Sergio, or what I've read about his past relationships and stop worrying about this not working out. I was going to just be happy.

(Hi friends, comment or vote if you liked the chapter. Sorry it took a while. Besos, Eva xx)