Chapter 14- Forging Chains

Start from the beginning

" Time is wasting, Arcee." Megatron repeated, pushing his foot down harder, causing Soundwave to gasp in pain. She spared one more glance as the rest of team Prime.

" I'm Sorry." She said, her head hung low. Optimus nodded in acknowledgement, but said no words. There was none that could help. Even Bulkhead and Bumblebee remained silent, there faces emulating sadness and confusion. She then walked forward towards Megatron, but he didn't release Soundwave.

Soundwave managed to look up from the dirt, and as he saw Arcee approach, he felt failure engulf him.

" Arcee, you don't have to do this- I will not blame you-"

" I'm not letting another partner die." Arcee said simply. She looked to Megatron.

" How noble- of course, I expect nothing less from an autobot- or even a lover." He mocked.

" You've got what you want- Soundwave needs medical attention." She said with urgency in her voice.

" In due time-" He looked over to Optimus and the others. " BUT before that happens, I need you to swear your oath to the Decepticon cause." Arcee looked horrified at him. He was asking her to says words that, although they understood why, would wound them all.

" I believe you have heard of the Oath one takes when joining the decepticons, have you not?" Megatron enquired. Arcee looked at Soundwave, and as he strained to look up to her, shaking his helm weakly. Everyone had heard the oath, whether they were decepticons or Autobots. In the early days of the war, it was almost chanted. She never thought in a million mega cycles she have to repeat them. She steadied herself, stood her ground, and her fists clenched.

" I...I swear by Primus, my Spark to the Decepticon cause, in life and death for the glory...of Lord Megatron."

Megatron smiled deviously, seeing the other Autobots look on in a powerless state. They could not defeat him; they could stop Arcee; they could not free Soundwave.

Soundwave felt the pressure upon his back finally release, and relief flooded his pain ridden frame. Arcee was by his side in an instant.

" Soundwave...." He looked up to her, as she looked to his wound, and he saw horror cross her face.

"You don't have to....turn back now...It will be alright...I promise....." He saw his vision blur, although he tried desperately to focus upon her.

"No, I'm not leaving you."

"please d..don't be a decepticon for my sake...he will..."

But the pain gently lulled him into stasis lock, and her face quickly faded from sight.

" Soundwave? Soundwave! Answer me!" Arcee asked, as she felt a sense of panic sweep over her.

Megatron smiled, satisfied.

" Open the ground bridge, and see to it Soundwave is taken to med-bay."

Arcee looked up as the ground bridge appeared. Instead of being the one sign of hope, of escaping, going home, in was nothing but a portal to a darker side of life. She looked down to the Stasis-locked frame of Soundwave, while she now held close to her. She wasn't going to abandon him, but it hurt to abandon her team...to abandon Jack...She closed her eyes as she supported Soundwave on her own, the vehicons just watching, ready to attack if she tried anything. She didn't look back, only forward, knowing weight would only be added to her spark if she saw their faces' again.