Chapter 11 - Consequence

Start from the beginning

" While that is true, it is only a small victory. The amount on its own can have longer lasting effects, and I doubt Megatron will waste it all in one consumption." Optimus spoke contemplatively, and Jack nodded, looking down. Bulkhead felt the humans dismay, but his thoughts returned to the words Megatron had spoken.

" Optimus, What Megatron said about Arcee was a lie...right? 'Cee would never conspire against us."

" Wait-What?!" Jack asked, taken aback at the words. " What did he say?" Bulkhead turned to him.

" Something about Arcee being involved in a conspiracy, and something about Soundwave sending his love to 'Cee. It doesn't make any sense."

Jack and Optimus looked to each other, the words making somewhat more sense to them both. Bulkhead looked between the two.

" What? Is there something I'm missing?"

When Soundwave had returned to the Nemesis, having disclosed the information to Arcee, he sensed immediately something wasn't right. Instead of going to his quarters as he had planned, he followed the corridors to the work room, where he had been working on the Iacon data base. As he neared the corridor, he paused. It was silent. Walking forward, he turned to enter the workroom. Everything seemed as he had left it. The decepticon symbol shone proudly on the screen, but Soundwave looked at it with a mild disgust. He outstretched his long finger and signed in, and found nothing had been tampered with. Looking at the time, he guessed it would be a while before the Autobots decoded the information, if they chose to except is at all, but he prayed to primus it helped them, and Arcee. He also hoped this act may further prove his own stance, veering away form being a decepticon, and turning to that of an Autobot, to fight for a new Cybertron, and for Arcee, whether his feelings were returned, or not. He signed out, sighing. He was being paranoid. He was the one who knew the technology onboard this ship far better than anyone else, and no one would suspect or even be able to decode what he had found until he chose to reveal it. But that didn't stop the nagging deep in his spark that these waters he had entered were not safe. As he left, he failed to notice at the other and of the corridor, a pair of red optics gleaming with a dark satisfaction, staring as he walked to back to his quarters.

Jack looked on from the rails, knowing right now he needed to keep out of the way. His own thoughts worried about Arcee, and wondered what the others would think now since Megatron's words had been shared, although none of them believed she was part of the 'conspiracy'. It was now seven in the morning, and Jack could already feel the lack of sleep building up on him. If only it had been a Saturday. But his thoughts left school behind as he looked to his partner, still unconscious. The left side of her face was left with further small but nearly invisible scars, thanks to Ratchet's work. Bumblebee was recharging, his wound fixed as well. Jack turned to look at Bulkhead, Optimus and Ratchet deep in discussion. He shook his head, and turned back to Arcee. What on earth have you gotten yourself into, Arcee? He thought contemplatively. As he watched, he suddenly saw her optics flutter opened. He felt his heart sing, and he hurried down to be by her side.

"Arcee! Arcee, are you alright?" He asked, climbing up on the med berth beside her. She moaned a little as a servo cradled her helm, but she managed to turn to see the small human.

"Define 'alright'." She said, managing the sarcastic remark. She slowly when to sit up when ratchet appeared.

" NO- you need to rest. That's an order." He said, harshly shoving her back down.

" I'm fine-" She protested.

" Regardless of how you feel, Arcee, this time it would be wise to listen to the advice of others." Optimus' deep voice spoke, and she gave in, feeling the authoritive note within it. She sighed, and her mind, emulating a dull ache, quickly refreshed her memory of what had happened, till she had blacked out.