“Well, then it looks like your life is all good then.” Kevin observed. I shook my head.

            “It will be when you go put some clothes on.” I told him. He laughed.

            “Hey, if you’ve got then flaunt it.” He laughed once more as he left my room. I laughed softly and finished getting ready.

            Once I was dressed I looked in the mirror at my hair. It was still mussed from sleeping and stuck up. I ran a hand through it several times until I got it to look sexy mussed, not I-just-woke-up-and-didn’t-feel-like-styling-my-hair mussed. Ok, there wasn’t a big difference, but girls loved the sexy messed up hair look. I walked out into the hall and swung down the stairs, grabbing my car keys. Passing by my mom on the way out I ruffled her short blond hair and smiled when she turned around and slapped my arm half-heartedly for messing up her hair. Stepping out the door, I noticed several other pack members milling about. The thing I loved most about living in the pack house is there’s usually always someone around. You’re never bored with tons of people around. And your never lonely, it’s hard to be when someone is constantly knocking on your door to go play basketball with them or help cook dinner.

            I hopped into by Mercedes and pulled my sunglasses on, barely containing my excitement. In just a few minutes, I would see my mate again. I smiled at that thought.

Sutton’s POV:

            I woke up the sound of banging on my door. I glanced around groggily, silently cursing whoever pulled me out of that delicious dream. The dream had slipped away but threads of it remained, leaving behind the traces of feeling happy and warm and safe.

            “Come in.” I mumbled sliding down further under my blanket and pulling it up over my head.

            “Sutton? Aren’t you going out today?” My mother’s voice called out from the doorway. Wait? Out? Shit, Evan! I jumped out of bed and looked at the clock. I had an hour to get ready. This calls for drastic measures. I ran to my bathroom calling out a quick thanks to my mom as I passed by.

            After a quick shower I blew dry my hair and ran to my closet, glancing out the window as I walked past it. The sky looked even worse than yesterday, with darker greys swirling with black. Another chilly day then. I went through my closet to find and outfit that would match the temperature. I finally pulled on a grey long sleeve and black jeans with black boots, no heel this time. I slipped a black thigh length coat on over the long sleeve and a grey fuzzy beanie. Since I was in a hurry, my make-up was minimal with only mascara and foundation on, with a bit of lip gloss.

            When I looked at my reflection, I smiled. This was my personal best for getting ready quickly. I guess it’s easier to get ready quicker when you have a good reason. My curls bounced out of the bottom of the beanie and for once they looked perfectly curled, not the usual slightly frizzy waves.

            “You look nice.” Taylor’s voice said quietly from the door. I looked over and felt all my guilt well up in me.

            “Tay-” I spoke.

            “No, I just…I just wanted to apologize for my outburst yesterday. I never planned on telling you any of those things.”

            “Why not?”

            “I didn’t want you to feel guilty. And don’t tell me you don’t because I can see it in your eyes. I just didn’t want to hurt you.” I couldn’t help it. I laughed. I doubled over in laughter. She looked crossly at me.