Recover

🐰Happy Easter!!! I just want to thank the guy who played Jesus in The Bible for telling the story in a great way and bonus he's pretty hot! 🐰

The last thing I remember was Albus asking what happened and Harry telling him I was hit by the Cruiatus curse and that Voldemort was back.

I was awake but my eyes were closed. Too heavy from the task and the fight we put up. I was on a soft bed most likely I was in the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey scurrying feet came past me. "Severus, for merlons sake please go rest, and get something to eat! I shall call on you when she wakes or if anything changes." She said sternly.

His deep voice took me off guard. It sounded tired and sickly. "No Poppy I am fine. I need to be here with her. She needs me." He croaked.

"What good are you if you are not taking care of yourself! She would be furious to know oh haven't eaten!" He growled lowly but I forced my eyes open and groaned at the light.

"Phoenix, Phoenix!" Severus was up in a flash and running a hand over her cheek.

"Se, sev, Severus." I breathed trying to speak. "Poppy, Poppy's right. I, I would be mad, you need, need to, to eat." My breath was short but poppy ran to my side turning a dial on an oxygen tank hooked around my nose. I felt an IV in my hand as well.

Severus had specks of tears in his eyes. "I thought. I thought I'd lost you. Oh Phoenix. I'm so sorry. I am so sorry." He let a tear slip and I wiped it away weakly.

My breathing was better now that it was coming out faster. "It's, not your fault. I, I love you. Severus Snape. I. I'm not, not going.... Anywhere." He kissed my forehead lightly. He nodded and there was a rushing of footsteps as my parents were there hugging me and pushing Severus back. Minerva gave a sad look to Severus teary eyed face and patted his shoulder.

Severus went to my other side scowling at Minerva. Albus spoke first whispering and swearing he would protect me and the person who did this will be punished which Severus agreed. Minerva dropped kisses on me.

"Daddy, momma, se, Severus hasn't, hasn't eaten. Make sure, he, he eats." I nodded and he growled lowly.

"I'm fine. I'll eat with you at dinner." He leaned down into me and whispered. "I'm not leaving your side Nix. Give it up." He kissed my cheek before pulling back. "Harry informed us what happened. Alastor was the one who did this all. Hoping that he could either kill Harry or get you whichever came first." Severus voice was rich and silky, he spoke with no pauses and his voice was beautifully strong.

"Yeah. I could tell it was him. Voldemort, I let Harry loose and I got hit in the process. Some white haired man and a short black haired man." I sat up a bit and took a drink of the water that was on the desk. "Harry grabbed me and the cup then that's really the last thing I remember." I fiddled with my hands remembering the events. How long have I been asleep?" I finally asked.

"2 days." Severus nodded and walked off towards poppy who was now in the corner mixing vials.

"Severus hasn't left your side , I doubt that he will, he's a stubborn man." Minerva whispered.

"I know." I smiled.

The next few hours minerva and Albus stayed and chatted with my while Severus did a bit of work. It was around dinner time when he came back.

"I already ate." Severus eyed me before continuing his sentence. "Dinner is about to start you two should join in, I'll stay here and keep an eye on her poppy if you'd like to join them as well." They all bade goodbye and left.

"You promise you ate!" I grabbed Severus hand while he sat in his chair beside my bed.

"I promise love." He stated and kissed each pad on her fingers.

"Cuddle me?" I said pathetically. Phoenix wanted Severus to hold her, she always felt safe being in his arms.

"I don't think it would be wise. Poppy would throw me from the tallest tower." He chuckled lightly.

Phoenix huffed and threw back the covers and slid her feet sideways. "Fine, I'll come to you." He shook his head roughly before standing up and gently taking her in his arms.

"Stop. You're weak you need to stay down." He placed her back on the bed and kissed her forehead. She took him by his shirt and yanked him towards her kissing him roughly.

She kept one hand holding a fist full of his coat and the other wrapped around his neck trapping him to her. She sighed into the kiss, she hasn't kissed him in so long. He snaked his arm around her and pulled her up closer to him. Snape has been so worried about his true love and he reveled in her taste and touch. "Phoenix." He spoke hoarsely knowing that they should stop.

"Shh. Please, just, just shut up!" She whimpered in a demanding tone. He sat on the bed and wrapped her closer to him. For a few more minutes they sat there connected by the lips and displayed there love and devotion to one another. Phoenix pulled back finally and took deep breathes smiling at him. "I love you." She said airily.

"And I love you." He laid down on her bed and she followed laying her head on his chest. "You are never allowed to put your self in danger again." I nodded and dug my nose into the crook of his neck and wrapping my arm around the other side.

"I won't. Good night Severus. You'll stay with me all night? Right?" Phoenix whispered.

"I will be here all night. Good night my princess." He tightened the grip around her back and let her cuddle into his neck.

For the first time in days Severus slept all night without interference.