//4// final

Chizu had already planned not to come to school early. After all, Taehyung only wants her to watch the presentation which according to the program guide, will be happening in the afternoon. So she intends to sleep the whole day and she wakes up with a bunch of missed calls accompanied by lots of texts from Taehyung. They exchanged numbers sometime in their hangouts in the rooftop.

She texted back Taehyung saying she overslept and that she's coming already.

Arriving at the school gates, she spotted Taehyung waiting by the post. He runs to her after seeing her.

"You look like an excited dog after seeing its owner." Chizu commented. Taehyung slings an arm around her shoulder and Chizu doesn't mind. She thinks the gesture as friendly.

"That's because I finally see my soulmate after the whole day of missing her." Taehyung says. Chizu shrugs his arm off her in response but Taehyung doesn't let go.

Taehyung brings her directly to the gym where there are students gathering already. School staff and even the school head are there. Chizu decides to just watch at the back

The presentation doesn't start right away but its way past the intended schedule. The people are buzzing over what's happening. Just then, Taehyung drags her to the backstage speaking nothing. When they arrive, the students at the back are in a mess.

"Why am I here?" Chizu asks.

Taehyung holds both her shoulder and looks at her helplessly. "I figured you can help. Please?"

Chizu frowns, she looks around and everything is really in the mess so she doesn't know what help she could give. Someone approaches Taehyung and she stands beside him silently listening. It turns out the problem is about their leader not showing up along with the assignments for everyone's role. Taehyung mentions her name and Chizu looks at them. The girl who approaches them looks skeptical at the mention of Chizu but sighs helplessly.

Chizu skims through the details. She's smart, she knows of it, not because she's self-centered but she's just born that way. She easily catches up with the details and fills up the missing pieces. Every student in the backstage listen to her obediently. They probably think the presentation is more important than her reputation as the outcast.

It actually is a good thing the students prioritize the presentation instead of minding the fact that she's managing the whole thing. Taehyung cooperates as well since he has a big role in the presentation.

The presentation started finally and she comes out on the stage to make a speech of apology for the inconvenience. The audience can't believe their eyes seeing Chizu on the stage knowing that she helped.

It goes on smoothly. Chizu appreciated everyone's help. They did back at her.

"Are you tired?" Taehyung offers her a bottle of water. They're still at the backstage cleaning up.

"Not really. But I admit I am drained." Chizu chugs the bottle up.

"So you're tired." Taehyung comments.

"Really tired." Chizu replies.

"They're celebrating the success by the way. I mean we are celebrating." Taehyung says. "Of course, you are invited. Didn't think you're a good leader."

Chizu laughs, "Thanks for the compliment but you won't get any penny from me because of that. And celebration? I'll pass."

"I don't take no for an answer."

"Always." Chizu resigns and Taehyung grins in triumph.

There's a bonfire later that night in their school. On the other side of the school grounds, the students celebrate about the presentation and the others just plain watch the bonfire. Some are doing their own things like going home and hanging out somewhere. Chizu joins the celebration briefly and distances herself.

Now that she knows everyone has accepted her back, she suddenly feels light and relieved. The crackling of the burned woods plays as a music as she stares at the dancing fire.

"Wow, so poetic." Taehyung comes into view and Chizu kicks him off away.

"Stop reading my mind goodness. Telepathy isn't mind reading." Chizu moves to make space for Taehyung.

"Seriously, it's written on your face." Taehyung says and gestures on her face.

"So a word poetic is written on my face." Chizu retorts with a smile.

"You're taking it literally." Taehyung clicks his tongue and downs the cup of alcohol in his hand.

"Are we even allowed drinking here?" Chizu asks.

"Not if we're caught." Taehyung grins. Chizu shakes her head and watches the group from afar getting hyped and she knows they're either tipsy or drunk already. Good thing tomorrow is a weekend.

She turns to face Taehyung and stops when she realizes his face is inching closer. "Taehyung what are you doing?"

"Huh? Just watching my soulmate." Taehyung sounds dreamy and his face does seem like it. Chizu wonders how much did Taehyung drink earlier.

"Inching closer? Really?" she pushes him away and makes a distance.

"I'm leaning in not inching closer." Taehyung reasons out.

"They're still the same in action. Duh." Chizu replies with a sass. Suddenly Taehyung cups her face and kisses her on the lips briefly. He pulls away with a smile and Chizu has the look of surprise on her face. Mouth agape and eyes wide.

"It's weird. I should be feeling butterflies in my stomach and my heart should beat fast." Taehyung muses. Chizu, on the other hand, has her face red as a tomato. She hears Taehyung and it irritates her.

"You are an idiot." She says.

Taehyung turns to her with a wide grin. "Yes, I'm an idiot. Thanks for pointing the obvious."

"I mean—" Chizu is speechless. She can't say what she really wants. And Taehyung is being a jerk right now, blame the alcohol in his system.

"I'm not drunk. I may look like I am, but I am not. And I like you. Not because you're my soulmate but because you are you. And maybe because you're my soulmate." Taehyung says. Chizu watches him and all he can see is a playful Taehyung.

"You're kidding me." She ignores the fast beating of her heart and the butterflies in her stomach. Why is she feeling what Taehyung expects to feel earlier?

"I'm not kidding. Proven that I'm going to your house tomorrow to pick you up on our date. I'm going to meet your parents and introduce myself properly."

Chizu totally ignores what Taehyung says that night.

And true to himself, Taehyung did show up the next day at Chizu's house introducing himself as Chizu's soulmate and that he's taking her out on a date.

Chizu will never feel more ashamed than Taehyung's bluntness.