Chapter 8

Chapter song: mind over matter autistic- Pvris

Clairs pov
Mario shut the door and turned off the lights as we closed the blinds on the windows. Non of us dared to speak as a cop went past the house with the window rolled down. The cop held a flashlight looking for Blake and I.

once it passed Simon got off the ground as everyone stared at Blake and I. "You ran from the fucking cops?!" Simon said looking at us in shock. "Yeah" Blake said looking at me. We where still trying to catch our breath. "That's impressive" Simon said coming over laughing still in shock giving Blake a hug.

"Wait you actually did?" Mario said still looking at us. Blake looked at me. "Yeah we actually did Mario" I basically pissed myself when I heard the cutest laugh in the world. I looked and saw Blake clutching is stomach laughing. Blake the depressed kid was laughing. And his smile....it made me weak in the knees.

Everyone saired at Blake wide eyed even Me. "Oh my god Blake.....You laughed" I said still taken back.

He stopped laughing and looked at all of our still shocked faces. His smile faded and he played with his nuckles.

"Wow....I did not see that coming" Mario said looking at Blake with wide eyes. "Me either...." Blake whispered and looked at his socks.

"When was the last time u laughed?" Lori asked making Blake look up at her. "Years...." He said with watery eyes.

"I'm going to get some air" he said shuffling to the front door. Once he closed the door Jacob looked at us. " I feel really bad. But I'm happy that he did" Jacob said looking at Taylor who looked down at him.

"We all are...did anyone see the bruise on his cheek. It is a clear 5 star, but who would do that to him?" Simon said looking at the door Blake just went out of with a concerted face.

You would have to be blind if you didn't see it. It was right across his cheek. I wanted to ask him, but with how sensitive Blake is I don't think I would get a honest answer.

"I'm going to go check up on him" I said walking to the front door. Maybe he needed to be alone. Maybe I should just leave him outside for a while to clam down.

These thoughts ran through my head as I reached the door letting my hand linger on the door knob. I took a short breath and opened it feeling the warm air hit my face.

Blake stood with his head in his hands at the far right end of the porch. I slowly walked to him wondering what to say or if I just don't say anything at all.

I walked over to his hunched body and wrapped my arms around his torso. He still sat there which made me guess that he knew it was me.

I rubbed some circles on his back as I felt him shiver from his anxiety. "Blake talk to me. Why are u so upset that you laughed. That's such an amazing thing" I said making him get up and turn me around so I could look at him.

"Because the last time I smiled was the day of my 8th birthday....after that I never felt happy again" he said looking at the dark star filled sky.

"There has had to be a time when you where happy since then" I said leaning on the rail and looked at him.

"The day I met you I was happy" he said looking at me with the green eyes. The ones I felt myself getting lost in when ever I looked Into them.

I looked back to the dark shy hoping the lack of light hid the blush that warmed my cheeks in the breeze.

"Blake can I ask you something?" I asked looking back at him. He shifted his weight before looking at me, "yeah?" He said with a hint of fear.

"What happened to your cheek?" I asked bringing up my hand and running my finger gently over it making him sigh.

"It's a long story" he whispered looking at his socks once more. "I have time" I said still looking at him. I know I'm pushing it, but I want Blake to open up to me a slight bit. Not all the way, but enough so I know who Blake gray is.

"I'm sorry...one day I'll tell you,  but for now I'm going to keep this to myself" he said standing up straight and heading to the door. He stopped before his hand touched the door knob.

"Are you coming?" He asked raising his eye brow. I took one last look at the pretty California night sky before nodding and following Blake to the others.

"You okay man" Taylor asked giving Blake a slight warm smile. "Yeah sorry about that" Blake said looking at me and then him.

"Okay so Mario is making popcorn and we are having a Netflix movie marathon" Simon said with a smile as he threw himself on the couch.

"Yesss" I said as I sat next to Lori on the floor. Blake sat next to Weston who started cracking jokes making us all laugh and yes Blake laughed a little bit too. Not as much as he did before. I think Blake is self conscious  witch I don't know why he would be. He is an amazing person. But honestly he is broken. And I'm determined to fix him even if it hurts....

********************************************

Okay hey guys so I know this update is like 3 days late and I'm sorry but wattpad doesn't like me and it kept deleting my updated so sorry. Also i wish you guys would comment so I know your guys thoughts on this story I don't even know if you like it. But I love you guys and I hope this chapter isn't too bad. I rushed it and I know it's short and not the best. But oh well lol.

Kisses kenna😘❤️