(4) Meeting A "Friend"

(Y/N)'s POV

I decided to go for a run. Yes, it's a bit cold outside but I did this at night. I don't really care much. I slipped into my gloves and shoes and bolted outside. The crisp air felt good blowing through my (h/c) hair.

I was running for a good half hour before a speedy blue blur zipped by. My stride only faltered for a split second though. Then, a black and red blur passed as well. I continued running a bit faster and shook my head. Someone was racing.

I decided to take a detour from the path. I needed a change of scenery, and maybe get a bit away from a race.

A couple of minutes passed and I was back at the hills where I met Kage. I now know that this place is called Green Hill Zone. When I first fit Kage's name though, it sure seemed like he was lying. I shrugged. Whatever...

I was halted to a stop when my path was blocked by robots. One second later I was surrounded. They all had the symbol. I got into fighting position. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I gotta concentrate. Suddenly, something cold and hard was in my hand.

When I opened my eyes, a green emerald was in my hands. I felt a strange connection. I don't know what it is but I think it will help. A minute later I had defeated the bots. The emerald seemed to have given me more power and energy. Next thing I know, a floating vehicle came down. Inside was a fat guy with goggles and mustache like the symbol.

"Ho ho ho! And who are you? You aren't that pesky rodent." He chuckled evilly. I just rolled my eyes.

"And why should I tell a random guy who just tried to kill me my name?" I retorted. His smile dropped.

"Hmm. You are cocky and arrogant, just like that pesky hedgehog!" He clicked a button. Suddenly, a large robot appeared in front of me. "You think you're strong girl, but you need to move it unless you want to be pummeled." I just smirked. He thinks I, (y/n) the (a/t), am weak? I'll show him what a girl can do. Suddenly, his eyes landed on my emerald. His eyes got bigger.

"Where did you find that Chaos Emerald?!" He practically yelled in astonishment. Chaos Emerald? Sounds powerful and important. And I think he wants it. Hehe, let the teasing commence...

"Oh? This little trinket?" I said in fake surprise. I tossed it slightly in the air. Not too far though, he may try to snatch it. "I kinda found it and thought that it was rather pretty, don't you think so?" I held it out with a smug grin. Just as planned, the robot swept it's hand out to grab it. I jumped and snashed into it.

I then threw my self at it in a ball and drilled right through. I unfurled on the other side and the robot fell down. The man looked at it in astonishment.

"How did you, you pesky little (a/t)! How dare you mess with Dr. Eggman!" He looked mad. I smirked and jumped high. Let's give him a proper goodbye now. As I jumped, I saw a blue and black blur stop at the edge of the forest and look up. Sonic and Shadow.

"Welp, that's what happens when you give (y/n) the (a/t) some toys to break!" I then threw out my foot and kicked him into the sky.

"You will pay!" He yelled as he disappeared. I landed on both my feet and a hand on the ground. My left hand with the Chaos Emerald in the air. I look up to see two shocked hedgies.

"You like da show?" I asked. Shadow smirked and Sonic grinned. But then, Shadow's eyes narrowed as they landed on the Chaos Emerald.

"Where did you get that?" He asked. Sonic looked down and his eyes widened as he saw it too.

"How? I thought the only ones found were mine and Shadow's... They should be near impossible to just find."

"Well, I just found it." They looked at me like they didn't believe me. They then just shrugged it off and we walked home. I looked to the sky and smirked.

Heh, I gotta new "friend" today. Dr. Eggman is sure fun to play with! Hehe!