He was sporting a black hoodie, black skinny jeans and a pair of super dirty white converse.

"I'm class."

Before any silence could be created, Benji jumped up and clapped his hands together.

"We already have our shit in our tents so if you's wanna do that go ahead. Think Bondy put pillows and stuff in yours?" He shrugged.

Excitedly, we ran to our sent and unzipped it before struggling to get inside.

"Wasn't the best idea to wear skinny jeans." I groaned as my legs were restrained from stretching in certain ways.

Nevertheless, I got in and admired what was around me. Bondy had indeed provided pillows, sleeping bags, a flashlight and what appeared to be a room spray.

"Forest-side treats scented. He really thought that through." Ade chuckled, spraying it and taking a waft.

Harper dived into the middle so I took the left whilst Ade took the right.

I gently set my stuff down before grabbing my phone and climbing out of the tent.

Larry and Benji were on the phone trying to direct Bob and Bondy back to the campsite so I plopped down onto the ground beside Van.

"Didn't think you were a hoodie and converse kinda guy?" I smirked, playing with a strand of grass.

A small chuckle erupted beside me, "don't worry love, the leather jacket is in me bag and I've got my boots in there too."

"Should've already knew that one."

He turned his head and took a small glance at my face.

"Your cheek looks better." Van observed.

"Thank God, fed up with waking up early trying to cover it." I joked.

I've always had a jokey attitude towards things that could be passed off as serious. That's how I've always dealt with things, made them slightly funny so I that I can appear fine and happier.

Sympathy made me want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

"Bob, I see a bunch of apes! We've found them!" A distant yell from Bondy echoed around the woods.

"Cheeky little shit." Benji chuckled.

Everyone began to make the campsite look more appealing and I was given the job of finding wood for the fire.

Van tagged along considering he had nothing better to do. We mainly messed around, having silly competitions on who could get the most wood for the fire.

"I'm gonna win love, may 'swell just give up!" He chuckled, grabbing a bunch on twigs that I was aiming for.

"Not in your dreams McCann."

Eventually Van's lungs got the best of him so he plopped onto the ground trying to catch his breath. I sat down beside him, hugging my knees into me.

A comfortable silence fell upon us as we stared ahead at nothing in particular.

"I'm glad you moved here." He spoke up, pulling his sleeves over his hands.

A smile formed in my face. At the start, the idea of moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere terrified me. I was angry at my mum for picking here and even more angrier at my dad for letting me go.