Max's beautifully short pixie cut framed her ice blue eyes beautifully.

"Hey!" she said.

"Nice hit!" Lily complemented.

"Well thank you," her sister said, "I thought you were reading?"

"I was, but the new guy is awake and asked me to come and see him," Lily told her. Max smirked at her.

"Do I smell a romance brewing?" Max said batting her eyes. Lily slugged her in the shoulder. Her sister knew that Lily didn't date and had been trying to hook her up for quite a while.

"Tell Jaimie that his stuff is going to get a nice swim in the lake if he doesn't pick them up," she said before beginning to walk away.

"Will do! Have fun," her sister said with wiggling eye brows. Lily rolled her eyes.

**************************

Kvasir sat up on the bed. His head hurt like heck. He had been informed by a girl only a few years older than himself that he was in an infirmary. It was clean and lined with lots of single beds. All of them but his own was unoccupied.

"How are you feeling?"

Kvasir turned his head towards the entrance of the infirmary. Then he saw her. It was the girl who had saved him. She had long black braided back and thrown over one shoulder. Her high cheek bones and alert eyes were very distracting. He self-consciously wished he had had time to brush his teeth or something.

"Better," he said as she walked towards him with a drink in her hands.

"Good," she said with a smile, "My name is Lily, by the way." He smiled. She offered him the drink she had in her hand.

"Kvasir," he told her taking the cup.

"Kevir?" she asked.

"No," he chuckled, "Kev-i-sar." She nodded.

"Kvasir?" she said, he nodded, "Well, Kvasir," she emphasized his name, "I am glad you are alright. How did you get tangled up with that beast?"

"It had been tracking me," he told. She nodded.

"Well you can talk about it later," she said, "Do you know where you are?"

He had woken up in the infirmary only an hour ago. They had told him that he was in a Camp of sorts. Other than that he didn't know anything else.

"Not really," he admitted.

"Well you are in a place called Camp Half-Blood. You were able to get here because you are not fully human," she told him. He frowned up at her.

"What?" he asked. She sat on the bed next to his.

"Here," she offered him the cup instead of answering. Kvasir took the cup and cautiously took a sip. It tasted like hot Chicago deep dish pizza Sause, cheese, and meat. His eyes widened.

"Oh my . . ." he stared down into the cup. It only looked like apple juice. "What? . . . How?"

"It is Nectar of the gods. It will taste like your favorite food," she said with a smile, "It also helps you heal."

"Gods?" he asked as he tipped the glass back to get another taste of the liquid goodness.

"Yea," she said, "By the way, one of your parents is a god."

Kvasir swallowed down the wrong pipe and began choking.

"What?"

"I am not the greatest person at explaining these things . . ." she said looking around the room for someone else. But it was empty except for them. "Have you ever felt different?" she asked finally.

Kvasir examined the empty glass thinking of the dozens of _______ homes he had lived in over the past five years. All the times he had run away and slept on the streets.

"You could say that," he said.

"Well, one of your parents was not human, which is the reason why you are here. You are what we call a Demigod, or Half-blood. Half human, half god. We are like the modern day superhero, without the cape." She chuckled. "But, yea, the monster that was chasing you was from Greek mythology. Do you know Greek mythology?"

"Uh, yea, like Zeus or something?" Kvasir asked.

"Yea, well he, Poseidon, and Hades are all real. And one of those gods is your mom or dad." She paused for a moment, "Surprise."

*************