15

"You know I'm a magician."

I choked on my drink and furrowed my eyebrows, "Hm?"

"I'm a magician." He was deadly serious and I was deadly confused.

"You mean like card tricks or what are you talking about?"

"Yeah."

"Are you lying? Why did you just bring this up?"

"I don't know it was just really quiet. I just wanted to start some small talk."

We were in a local coffee shop. It was pretty busy since it was Sunday and everyone was coming from church.

Harry got green tea which is disgusting.

"What?"

"You're so weird," I shook my head at him.

"How?"

"You're not a magician."

"Heck yes I am, Harmony. I was up at my cabin one year and it was raining and I looked up on the Internet; 'Cool and easy magic tricks' and I taught myself how to do them. If you find me a deck of cards I will blow your mind."

"Okay, I believe you."

His eyes got wide, "No, now I'm mad. You gotta find me some cards. I have to show you."

"Harry, I believe you."

"Harmony, come on."

I sighed, "Listen, once we get home I will find you a deck of cards."

"Hell yeah you will."

••••••••••••••••••

"Okay," he shuffled the deck and held them out to me, "pick a card! Any card!"

I smiled a little bit and picked on in the middle.

He shuffled them again, "Put in back," shuffled them again, "is this you're card?"

"No it's-"

"Just joking! Check your sleeve, cutie."

I shook my sleeve but nothing came out.

"Alright, I actually thought this was you're card and I was hoping something would be up there. Nevermind though."

"You're really good."

"You know I am. I'm just a little rusty."

"It's okay. You just need to get back to practicing."

He sighed, "I'm sorry I'm bringing this up right now but do you remember about a month ago when we thought I was going to die?"

"How could I forget?"

"I know," he put his hands on both sides of my face, "I'm just so happy. I'm just so lucky."

"I know," I smiled at him and he kissed me.

I just don't want to tell him what he already knows about.

Shame on me for thinking about this but I'm just preparing for the worst.

His cancer could relapse and, I don't know, my heart drops just thinking about it.