Going on a holiday ?

The efficiency of how Edward and Alice took care of everything was stunning.  Emily and I had come home around five-thirty.  Before it was six-thirty me and Jolene had changed and yes I’m sure Alice had planned this in her schedule.  Before it was eight o’clock we all sat in an airplane, heading for New York. 

If my husband would know ...

Whit a bit of luck he wouldn’t know anything had happened.  He was on a trip for his work and would not arrive home within the first three weeks.  I hoped to be back by then.

On the plane I had the first calm moment to think everything trough and I was still very confused.

I had an idea of how Alice had found us, bud how come Seth and Collin were in my house the moment I got home ?  How was it possible that we were shape-shifters, non in my family had ever mentioned it ? And how on earth was it possible that I could take over the power of Edward and Alice ? 

I wasn’t used to worrying, that part of being an adult I left gladly to my husband.  I was always happier spending my free time with the kids than with adults.  They agreed with me : being an adult was really boring !  They would talk about the weather, about all their aches and diseases, their work and about how loud and annoying their kids could be.

The young ones talked about music, they were having fun, making jokes, playing games ... what do you think is more fun ?

But now I was worried.  It was my job to keep Emily en Jolene safe.  They were my kids.

Could I take them with me into what could become  a dangerous situation ?

Emily and Jolene were sleeping in the seats of the airplane.  It was not late, I know, but they were both shocked by what had happened and their mind had find a refuge in sleeping.  Besides, in our family we all liked to sleep, and could fall asleep wherever we wanted.  Could that be because we were cats ?

Seth waved from the other side of the plane gesturing me to come closer.  I stood up looking at my children, still worrying.

Seth made room for me so that I did not had to sit next to Alice or Edward.  Looked like he understood me.  I had no wish to hear every thought or to see visions again.  Maybe here in the plane it would not be such an ordeal since there were not many people on board, and we weren’t going any place soon.  For the next ten hours we would be here, going to America.

‘Don’t worry’ said Edward, hum, right, he could read my mind.  ‘All the Cullen’s and all the Quileute’s will keep them safe.  No harm will come to them.

As for your other questions, Seth and Collin had met Jolene at a festival at your city, and Collin can be really persuasive, he wanted to know her better. So he asked if he could come home with her, and Seth did not want to leave his side.  They were far from home.  That’s how they ended up at your place.  The Quileute’s have a way of finding that is sometimes better than Alice’s.

And I guess that your family had been shape-shifters since the middle-ages because there are few vampires who come near the Duch region.  There was an entire clan who held the people from Flanders safe.  The Volturi tried to eliminate them with the witch hunting, and they succeeded all too well.  Your family escaped, I guess, just because they didn’t know, and lived outside the city’s.’

That was a plausible explanation.  The family from my mother’s side have always been poor and had lived on the country side, far from the city’s. Real ignorant, not dumb.

‘Okay, now what ?’ I asked.  ‘You  took pictures from me and my girls, for identity papers I presume ?’  I leaned back, my arms crossed on my chest.

‘Yes.’ Alice smiled at me, ‘You will be Americans.’

Like that was a favour for us.  I liked being a Belgian. Hey, if you think that that’s a stupid thing, get sick in Belgium.  The first question at the hospital will be where it hurts, NOT if your insured !

Alice saw my expression.  ‘You will like being an American!  It’s a great country.’

‘Just big.  I like small.’

‘Are you doing this deliberately.’

I smiled. If every fish would swim north, I would not even go south. I probably would go east or west. I never took the easy way, only the way I thought was right.  I didn’t care about the opinion or direction of someone else.  Edward was really trying not to laugh, but then he could not take it anymore.  His lips that he had pressed together turned into a smile that got bigger and bigger. The next moment he burst out laughing.

Everyone looked at him. ‘I hope the little ones are better manageable.’ He said laughing.

That would take a big while to get used to.  My thoughts had always been private, and I liked it that way.

‘It will be fun, having you around. Emmet will love you and Rosalie, well she hasn’t changed much, you’ll get used to her sooner then my mindreading.’

The fun part was for them.  Everything had gone to quick.  I didn't had a chance to think about it.

Seth laid his hand on my arm, and that helped.  The warmth soothed my thoughts.

‘Hey, are you hungry ?  They have some nice steaks on board.  You want me to fry some ?’

‘Okay, with some salad and potato’s. Make enough so that Emily and Jolene can eat to.’

‘They are sleeping. Let them.’

‘Eh ... No.  Emily and Jolene haven’t eaten since dinner, they are hungry too, and growing, specially Emily.’

 At the table, after I woke them up, they didn’t eat much. Seth gave me a big grin.

Edward told him :’You don’t want to be messing with her, Seth.  When it comes to her kids, she is a lioness.’ He must have seen that image in my mind, this would get boring very soon.

My daughters went back to their seats and I laid me beside them. 

 Waking up in New York was ...  interesting. I’ve been in big city’s before.  This was a whole new category.