12. Johnny

"Good thing I cleaned my room last night" Van laughed while searching for his house keys.

"Well I expect to see a completely different room then. No floordrobe I hope" I laughed.

"Nah, course not" he shot me a cheeky grin and pulled out his keys to the front door.

As we entered the hallway the warmth of the house concealed me from my everyday life, I felt safe.

"Are ya hungry or thirsty?" Van asked as we made our way into the kitchen.

"No I'm fine thanks" I smiled and lent against the counter while Van made himself a sandwich.

"I uh thought I should tell you that billy isn't in the band anymore" Van said with his head down.

"What? Why" confusion took over my face.

"He said he didn't want to do it anymore but fuck him, it's his loss" Van slammed the fridge door.

"So you need a new guitarist?"  I stated the obvious.

"Yep, do you know anyone" Van asked, I knew how much this band meant to him.

"There's Johnny Bond, he's a year older than us I think, he was in my English class last year" I explained, trying to help him out.

"Do you have his number?" Van asked excitedly.

"No but I have him on Facebook, maybe you could contact him through that" I smiled.

"Cool" Van smiled back at me.

I got home around 2ish and decided to something I hadn't done in ages, write a song.

Halfway through writing I got a text from Van saying "Johnny's in! We're having practice later. You can come if you want''. 
I replied back saying 'congrats' and of course I'll come. 

"I need some money" Joe came bursting in my room.

"Ask dad then" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Uh don't you think I've already done that you idiot. He won't give me anymore until next week" Joe grunted.

"Then ask mum" I rolled my eyes for the second time.

"I - uh" Joe stuttered before leaving my room, probably to call mum.

*1 message from Van*
"I'm on my way to yours"

I put my guitar away and sorted myself out, soon enough the bell went signalling that someone was at the gate.

I ran downstairs but Joe was opening the door, probably thinking it was for him. Van was still on the other side of the gate.

"What do you want you little freak?" Joe shouted.

"Leave it yeah" I barged passed him and opened the gate.

"Go get a hair cut you look like a twat" Joe shouted as we walked away.

"Just ignore him, he has issues" I said taking hold of Van's hand.

"It's alright, I don't let that stuff get to me" he smiled and clutched onto my hand tighter.