[10] Part Three and a Half: They're Coming

Start from the beginning

"How am I supposed to fix this mess?" I asked myself quietly. I was in the middle of sighing once more when a voice stopped me.

"C-C-Cruz? What did you just do?" a small, yet familiar voice echoed from just behind me. At that moment, I stopped breathing. My heart stopped, as I heard a voice behind me. How was this possible? Once I stop time, no one should be able to move, or talk for that matter.

"C-Cruz, What. Did. You. Just. Do?" the voice echoed once more, this time much closer to me. I hesitantly slowly began to turn around, only to see that the voice, belonged to none other than Miss. Violet Wicklan. My words became stuck in my throat, I couldn't speak. I gulped. Why was Violet not frozen in time with the others? We stood there for several more moments before I finally got the courage to speak.

"V-V-Violet? Why are you not frozen with the others?" I questioned her as I began to walk forward to the tall girl, my shoes echoing through the silent halls of the castle.

"I was about to ask you the same thing, Cruz." Violet responded quickly as she pushed the hair out of her face. I gulped once more as I stared at the girl in front of me. I studied Violet very closely, looking for any sign of the vicis custos. I studied the girl's eyes, searching for the symbol, until finally I saw it. The symbol of vicis custos. I gasped loudly.

"Custos es tempus, Violet." I told her in the language of the vicis custos; Latin. I awaited Violet to respond, however, as I stared at her, she simply stood there, looking completely, and utterly confused.

"What the bloody hell are you-" Violet began. However, she was cut off with a blast of light that erupted from her eyes and mouth. I gasped. This was her transformation. Had she not realized her destiny? For all sixteen years of her life, her parents had not recognized the symbol of the vicis custos? I continued to watch in awe at the transformation. Violet rose in the air as the light coming from her mouth and eyes began to spread all over her body, as the symbol of the vicis custos was then written on her stomach. The light spread through the entire corridor, as Violet began to lower down to the floor. I gasped as the symbol of the vicis custos exploded from her mouth. When the transformation was complete, Violet shook her head.

"Imo ego custodem tempus, Cruz. Sed ubi est portentum vestrum temporis?" I gasped. So she did have the power. I should probably continue to speak in Latin, otherwise if someone at school is Fur temporis, the entire Wizarding World would tremble at one's hand. I nodded at Violet, and transformed my eyes. As a metamorphagus, I had the will power to keep my secret hidden from everyone. Violet nodded as she noticed the symbol in my eyes.

"Dicite headmaster! reperti vicis custodes habemus!" I replied, as I turned over to Violet. She nodded, after the transformation, the vicis custos would be equipped with all of the knowledge they need about the history of the vicis custodes. And I could tell, that she was worried about the Fures Temporum. I sighed, as I began to speak once more.

"Before I let time continue, you must go back to where you were before time had stopped. Do you?" I questioned Violet. She rolled her eyes.

"Hmm? Oh yeah! Sure. I'll do that." Violet smirked mischieviously as she began to slowly walk back to her spot, her wand in hand. I rolled my eyes as I returned to my spot, before I had stopped time. I looked over to Violet, as she nodded in response. I was about to allow time to continue, however, before I had the chance to, Violet stopped me once more.

"WAIT! Cruz! I-I can see people. Bad people, coming towards the school!" Violet excalimed, her hands clutching her forehead, as she held back tears from the searing pain. My eyes widened as I realized what was happening.

"Violet. This is extremely important, so listen" she nodded. "When you mean you can "see" these bad people, do you mean you can actually see them visually?" I asked her, my breathing soon becoming heavier and heavier.