She was my everything.

Start from the beginning

“Oh my G--God, it’s s--so cold!” Kelsey stuttered through chattering teeth as she wrapped her arms around herself, trying to keep warm.

“I told you but you don’t listen to me,” I snickered, watching as she glared at me. Putting my hands up in defense, I smiled despite her vicious stare. “I’m just saying.”

“And I’m just saying,” Kelsey raised her voice, her eyes narrowed before her expression softened as she tugged me over to her, “Let’s have fun.” She whispered and right when I thought she was going to kiss me, Kelsey jumped up, dunking my head into the water.

Wrapping my arms around her legs, I pulled her down with me, her piercing scream and the a splash of water indication enough that I had succeeded in doing so.

Resurfacing, I wiped the water from my face before running my hands through my hair, causing it to stick up in all sorts of directions.

Waiting for Kelsey to get back up, I felt my stomach sink when there was no sign of her anywhere. “Kelsey?” I called out, waiting for a reply.

There was no answer.

“Babe?” Looking all around me, I was ready to dive back into the water when somebody jumped on me from behind.

“Boo!”

Grasping her thighs so that she wouldn’t fall, I let out a breath I didn’t even know I was holding in when I saw it was Kelsey. “Fucking hell, babe! Don’t ever do that again, you nearly gave me a heart attack!”

“I’m sorry,” She giggled, placing a wet kiss to the back of my neck.

“I have about half a mind to throw you in again,” I grumbled, twisting my neck around in order to partially see her.

“You wouldn’t dare.” She countered.

“You sure about that?” Dropping my hands, I reattached them back once I heard her gasp and strap onto me tight.

“Okay, okay…” She breathed out, “I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, you better be.” I chuckled. “Come on,” Grabbing her hand, I tugged. “Let go so I can slid you around to my front.”

“I don’t want to fall.” Kelsey mumbled, concern laced in her words.

“You won’t.” I reassured her, kissing the top of her hand.

“Yes, I will.”

Sighing, I looked at her. “Do you trust me?”

“Of course I do.”

“Then just listen to me.” When she nodded, I continued, “Grab my hands and loosen your grip around my torso.”

“Okay…” Doing as told, she waited for my next set of instructions.

“Now, I’m going to gently pull you around. All you have to do is make sure you keep your legs around me.”

“Sounds easy enough,” Preparing herself, I yanked on her hand, swirling her around before quickly grabbing hold of her ass. Sliding my hands up, back under her thighs, I gave her a kiss on the nose.

“See? Was that so hard?”

“I guess not.”

Smiling, I laid my forehead against hers. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Cupping my head in her hands, she gave me a gentle kiss, one that deepened slightly before pulling away. “Let’s go for a swim.”

“Somebody’s hyper,” I sniggered, settling her on her feet.

“Nope, somebody just wants to have fun. Now, come on,” She tugged on my hand, leading me to the other side of the lake. “The first one to the other side has to cook!”

“Babe, no matter who wins we’ll end up not eating anyways because neither one of us can cook.”

“I beg to differ, Bieber, now stop trying to back out of this… unless, you know,” She smirked, “you’re too chicken to go against me.”

“Bieber? Really, Jones?” I chuckled as I stood next to her. “And you’re on baby, get ready to cook up a mean dinner.” Leveling my body on top of the water, I watched as she did the same.

“Bring it on,” Kelsey smiled. “Ready?” When I nodded, she faced forwards. “On your mark, get ready, get set… go!”

“I can’t believe you won.” I muttered while drying the top of my head with a towel.

“Well you best believe it baby,” Kelsey beamed in triumph to her win as she settled her now damp towel next to mine. “Now get a cooking.” She thumbed behind her towards the small kitchen area off to the left of the cabin.