Chapter 8

I slowed my pace a couple blocks away from Austins house, trying to catch my breath. God i am so out of shape. Time to start training again! Blowing out another deep breath through my nose i walked the rest of the way back to the house.

The house coming into view i quickly fixed the shirt, making sure it still covered my ass; and walked out of from the forests cover. Austin was sitting on the back steps leaning over, his elbows on his thighs, head in his hands. Looking down i slowly made my way over. Not a second later i was crushed into  someones chest."Imsosorry.Imsosorry.Ilostcontrol,idontknowwhatiwasthinking.Pleasepleasepleaseforgive.Ishouldhavestayedandprotectedyoubutididntwanttohurtyou.Justinjustmakesmesoangry!Imsorry!!" Austin babbled into my ear and kept apologizing. Finally relaxing from breathing in my scent he held me away at arms length, confused by my silence. A smile tickled his features when he saw my amused expression.

Dropping his hands from my shoulders, he shoved them in his pockets. "Whats going to happen tonight." I asked letting a tear fall.

"Hey, hey no! why are you crying? Babe please dont. I cant stand to see you hurting." Noticing my sudden waterworks he coaxed me into another hug. We just stood there like that i dont even know how long. He held me and let me soak his shirt letting me blubber about god knows what.

"Im s-sorry. I-I didnt me-mean for all this --hiccup-- to happen."

"What do you mean." He pealed me off him a little so hed be able to see my face. "Im causing so much stress for everyone. I dont know what to do." I stuttered, thankfully without any hiccup interruptions.

Jesus, pull yourself together!! Youve pulled through over 5 years of heartbreak and now you cant handle a few days!! Alayala get your shit together!!
"Stop thinking so hard! Everything will turn out ok. I promise!" His smile reassured me that i was being an emotional idiot right now. Wiping away at my cheeks with the back of my hand, i laughed lightly between wet hiccups; still looking up at Austin. "Cmon, lets get you inside." With an arm around my shoulders he walked me into his house.

As awkward as i felt taking a shower at a boys house id just met i knew under these circumstances it'd ok. At first i was reluctant to, but im so glad Austin pushed me in here. The cold spray was absolute bliss. I dont even know how long id been just standing there in the frigid water.

"Are you ok?!" Austin burst through the door. Taken by surprise i panicked, screaming the entire time, i slipped and fell on my ass. Hard. Taking the shower curtain down with me it came down on top of me. Scrambling to my knees i tried to cover as much possible with the transparent curtain. "What in gods name do you think you're doing?!" I yelled, anger dripping thick from every word.

"Ive been knocking for 10 minutes! You weren't answering so i got worried! You've been in here for over an hour!" He was frowning down at me, which made me even angrier. Hello?! Still naked here!!

"You didnt have to bust through the door! Might i add that you standing there yelling at me while im still sitting naked in the tub is not helping you right now." His eyes raked over my body, darkening as he took in every inch on display. Clearing my throat and sending him a glare he snapped out of it. Kneeling down he wrapped my shoulders in a fluffy towel, without breaking eye contact. Standing back up he reached his hands out to help me get up. Refusing his help i hoisted myself up, slipping again in the process. Catching my elbows he steadied me, releasing one as i climbed out of the tub. Turning around i exposed myself to the wall, wrapping the towel under my arms.

"Do you know what privacy means?" I asked sarcastically. Austin was still standing there starring at me openly.

"Stop complaining. Come with me, Vivian gave me a change of clothes for you." With a smug smile he turned and walked out without waiting for my response. Padding after him we came to a stop at what looked like his bedroom. He turned around as i walked in, frowning at me he came and hugged me close to him. Heat radiated off him, i practically melted in his arms. "What was that for?" I mumbled against his chest. "Your lips are blue and you're shivering. You shouldn't be taking cold showers for that long." Concern was thick in his voice. Pulling away to look at him i was about to say something but his lips smothered my words. His lips moved desperately against mine, as if he was trying to have all of me with a single kiss. I found myself reacting to his kiss; pressing myself closer against him, and granting him access as he slipped his tongue in my mouth. A groan escaped his lips and i felt his member against my thigh, making me moan against his mouth. His kiss hardened as he took control and pressed me against the wall, his hand slowly sliding up my thigh. My eyes widened when i felt his hand slip under my towel, getting all too close to my sweet spot. Before i could push him away, he was torn away from me and crashed into the wall above his bed, leaving a pretty dent. Justin was standing with his back to me. Growling, and fists clenched he stalked towards Austin.

"Justin stop! Please dont hurt him!" Id grabbed his arm and was pulling him away from an unconscious Austin. "Please look at me!" I grabbed his face in my hands and forced him to face me. His eyes were so full of pain, i felt my throat catch. Why was i so emotional today?! Tears spilled over as i took in his heart broken expression. "Im sorry! I-I dont know what was happening. I didnt mean to." I sobbed, clinging to his arm. Staring into my eyes i could see the internal battle he was having. Something seemed to have won as he buried his face in my neck, breathing deeply. His fingers dug into my waist as he held me closer. I knew he needed to calm his wolf so i attempted to mute my whimpering, and allow his embrace so he could cool off.

Finally pulling away he looked down at me, hurt still dominating his eyes.
"Have you already chosen?" His words cut deep. "I didnt know that was the plan. But no i hanvt." Replying cooly i stepped out of his arms and walked out of the door in time to see Alpha Marks coming towards us in a hurry. Justin put a protective arm around my waist, roughly pressing me against his side. "Your son has has broken the agreement. Against my better judgment i have not killed him as this would displease my mate. The meeting will continue as planned but you will make your son.." He spat the last word. "Understand the meaning of trust and honour. He will be a short lived Alpha if he keeps acting like a pup." Snarling, Justin dragged me along with him out of the house, and into the woods. He didnt talk to me and i didnt try to make conversation, he was still seething and i didnt want all that anger directed at me.
We walked in silence till he stopped me just before a clearing.

"No matter how this goes, ill always be here for you." He kissed my forehead and was about to walk us out before i hauled him back. "Are you forgetting something..?" I waved my hand at my current attire. Still naked other than my towel. He finally noticed that i wasnt dressed and looked slightly embarrassed. Rubbing his hand on the back of his neck, "Wait here." he chuckled nervously.

Tapping my foot impatiently, i leaned against a tree waiting for him to come back. Another 10 minutes passed and i was getting worried. Does he understand how awkward it is to just be in a towel in the middle of the woods? Huffing i started walking in the direction hed gone. "Alayla? You out here?" An unfamiliar voice called out a few meters away from me. Not sure if replying was the safest idea i crouched down trying to calm myself down enough to shift. Letting my wolf take over i bounded in the direction of their voices. I pounced at two figures, taking them both down with ease. They lied still under my paws trying to regain a normal breathing pattern, which was difficult seeing as i had a paw on each of their chests. Snarling, about to crush one of their chests into the ground their scent hit me. Quickly getting off i nudged them in the ribs wondering if id hurt them. Getting up off the ground were the twins id seen earlier holding a bag out to me now. Both smirking at me, they dropped the bag at my feet. "Go change, we were told to escort you to the meeting. Its starting so you should make it snappy." Brody commanded. Dean chuckled, "Or you could take your sweet time. I enjoy messing with Justin." Brody and i both gave him a smirk. With a last glance at Dean i followed their orders. Well Brody's at least.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Vote

Follow

xox