Epologue 3: Promise

Start from the beginning

I rolled over under his grip around my waist and Lady suddenly stood and jumped off the bed, her tail wagging from side to side and nails clicking against the floor as she walked out of the room. Niall's face fell at the sight of me and I could see his stormy blue eyes glisten in the dark. "Hug." I mumbled, instantly wrapping my arms around him. He did the same, sighing when I pressed my head into his chest. I felt his lips on the top of my head and I gripped his shirt tightly in my hands.

Lifting my head with his hands, his thumbs ran under my eyes to wipe away the fallen tears. As he kissed my nose, I lifted my head up more, craving Niall's lips and touch more than anything. His lips softly pressed down onto mine, his tongue sliding in almost instantly.

The heavier the kiss got, the more my mind started to let go and fall into a blank state. Niall shuffled and swung a leg over my hips so he was resting over top of my body with my hands in his hair holding him to me. He lifted himself so he was straddling my lap then lowered his hands from above my head down to my neck and slowly guided them down and over my shoulders. My hair was once again moved out of the way as Niall sucked on my lip before he pulled away and began peppering my neck with little open mouthed kisses.

His touch was gentle but flaring my skin with flames. The inside of my body felt like he'd taken a blow torch and ignited each nerve setting off crazy, hot sparks.

Niall pulled away earning a quiet whimper to fall from my lips. My shirt was pulled over my head leaving me in just my underwear now. He examined my chest, his eyes as wide as a little kid's in a candy shop.

"I missed you. A lot." He's eyes rose to meet mine. I wanted to recite his words, but I couldn't seem to find my voice so instead I wrapped my arms back around his neck and pulled his head back down to mine. The kiss instantly picked back up where we left off and soon his clothes, along with mine, were pushed into a pile against the black carpeted rug and Niall and I were tangled so tightly together like viscous, suffocating vines.

His touches were so gentle and soft against my skin as if this really was a dream and he was still half way across the world and I was just a vision in his mind. Our sounds were very faint, unlike all of our other times. Niall was usually quite vocal but right now, it's like all he could focus on was the feeling of us finally being together after three long and enduring months. His lips were on mine the whole time, his hands tangled with mine as they gave an occasional squeeze to ensure that I was still there.

Once I finally reached my high, Niall quickly followed, both of us just staring into each others eyes. The way his body stilled and his eyes scrunched as he threw his head back made my heart flutter harder than it had in a long while. I missed the way he did that.

For the rest of that night, we both sat in silence, holding onto each other as if it was the last time we'd ever get together. Even though I hoped it wasn't, I had a feeling that I could very possibly be wrong. I didn't want that, but I didn't want this worrisome feeling in the pit of my stomach either. I just want to be happy again. Happy with Niall.

"I'm sorry." I whimpered, my head folding into his hot and sweaty skin. The touch of his fingers against my lower back sent chills up my spine, forcing my muscles to relax.

"Me too, Khlo." He breathed. "Me too."

In the depth of the dark room, I could feel my thoughts disintegrate and my mind settle into ease. Niall was here, in this room, in our bed, under our sheets, and wrapped around me. He was breathing and fidgeting, and his heart was pounding rhythmically in my ear, and he was here. Not lost in a dream. Not in some city across the ocean. Not kicking a ball around, but he was here, locked in a bind with me as he pulled me even closer- more than I thought was even possible.