Tenoos stood, covered in a robes that I had never seen him in before. With black, leather trousers covering his strong legs, his arms and torso covered in a silk shirt that plunged to show the scars on his chest, all covered in flowing blue and green robes that fell to the floor, he looked much more than a knight and protector. Though, I suppose it could be said about me as well.

"I didn't mean to sound like you looked like a fool." he finally said after a few moments, our eyes locked on a pair of young couples smiling and walking through the gardens at the gates of the palace. "It's strange to see you in something that truly shows your beauty." My eyes darted up to him, glaring slightly. "This is coming out far differently than I had originally thought out." he said with a chuckle, causing his scar to crinkle slightly. I found myself shaking my head as his attempt to cause me to smile. But, with my lips curling up slightly at the corners, I found that he had succeeded. "You never are one to wear anything that complements you. It seems you feel as if you have to wear too much, or too little. It's a wonderful change to see you in something that truly shows you for the woman that you are. The woman that I have grown to know." he says with a smile as he turns towards me, looking down at me.

"You truly are terrible at speaking what your mine is thinking." I say with a slight push of my shoulder. He smiles at me as Anya steps forward onto the balcony. Tenoos turns to look towards Anya, a secret smile shinning in his eyes at her. I could see the blush creep up her neck as she looked down at her hands. Oh... there's a connection there? Interesting.

"His Majesty will be waiting for you, My Lady." she says as she steps forward, reaching out for my hands. I place mine in hers, the weeks and hours spent with her doing this comfort to me coming back to my attention. "You need to go. He isn't a man that enjoys waiting." I nodded my head at her, smiling slightly, my lips closed tight.

"And I suspect that is why you are here?" I asked Tenoos, watching as he walked back towards the chamber doors. "To escort me to super?" He laughed, shaking his head at me.

I walked towards him, the skirt of my dress dragging behind me in elegant waves as the air moved under it with each steps.

"Gods no." he laughed. "I needed you to escort me! His Majesty must be graced with my presence. Yes, you're lovely to look at. But me?" he let out a snort. "I'm beautiful!" I found myself laughing at him as he moved his hand to move hair away from his shoulder, hair that he didn't have. Biting the tip of my tongue, I held in a laugh as he motioned for me to offer him my arm. But, it was hard to bite back something that had already come forth. He gave me a large smile, white teeth shinning at me as I laughed at him. I heard Anya giggle behind us as she cleaned the room, moving the clothes around to take to the washing room.

"Perhaps I was wrong thinking that I was a fool." I said as I took his arm that he had finally offered me. He rose a brow at me, looking down at me with amusement. "You're surely going to be the fool that will entertain us tonight." He chuckled, leading me out the door.

_______

The great halls were filled with laughter and the smell of sweet meats and honey bread. I felt my heart sink into my stomach the closer that we came to the laughter and loud voices. Tenoos had led me to a different set of doors than I was used to seeing when it came to entering the throne and ballroom. He had taken us to the floor above the throne, where a set of grand stairs lead down to the marbled floor. It was bad enough that I felt like a fool, but to have no way of just simply walking in and not be noticed? I took a breath as we came to the large doors. Tenoos gave my hand a squeeze before removing it from his arm. My eyes widened as he looked down at me, only to walk through the small opening of the doors before they closed.