"I've never seen hair the color of yours before. It's so white, it's like that of snow on the top of the Great Mountains during the winter. It's beautiful. Is it a common color for your people?" she asked, looking at me as she finished twirling the last strand of hair around another stick, making sure that it would stay in place and dry properly. I shook my head in a 'no'. Raising her brow, she looked at me, waiting for an answer as she applied black coal around my eyes, making them seem larger.

"My Father... he had unusual coloring. My people... they," I took a breath, shaking my head slightly at the thought. "The Eenacks are usually dark skinned with dark hair to match. I get my skin from my ancestors... but my Father's hair, it had been gifted to me before my birth." I whispered, looking at her as she smiled at me.

"It's so good to hear your voice again." She said as she wrapped her arms around me in a comforting hug. My eyes widened at the gesture, blinking a few times until I realized what was happening. And, for the first time in three days, I felt a warmth wash over me, wrapping me in a blanket of comfort and hope. Without a thought brought to it, I found myself wrapping my arms around her, returning the hug and relishing in the warmth. It was... it was hope.

_____

I felt like a fool, standing in front of a mirror that showed a woman that I had never seen before. Dressed in a satin dress the color of a mountain in the spring, the green complemented her pale skin and large eyes. With the waist synched, seeming to give her the illusion of an hourglass like body, she was bathed in elegance. Large curls rolled down her breasts and back, covering the skin that was not covered with the satin, she seemed to be the perfect company for a King and his Guards and Knights. I pulled the long and flowing sleeves of the dress down slightly, watching as the fabric hung off my shoulders, I was able to hide the crystal cuffs from view.

Anya stood behind me, smiling as she braided a few plats to pull hair back from my face, allowing the sharp tips of my ears to be seen through the curls.

"You look beautiful..." she whispered in awe as she stepped back. My skin smelt of honey and jasmine, my eyes lined with dark coal, my lashes coated in a thick substance to help lengthen them, and my cheeks had been brushed with the natural red of rose petals, giving me an innocent flush. I was far from the innocent and elegant lady that I seemed to be presented as. Shaking my head, I turned to watch the tail of the dress move behind me slightly. I could see the golden braids that held the top and skirt of the dress together, showing my hips slightly, along with my back which had been left free from fabric. I felt more naked than if I was standing in a room completely bare in front of hundreds of aroused men. Yet... something about the way that I looked, it made me feel slightly empowered.

I shook my head, letting out a sigh as Anya smiled up at me once again.

"I look ridiculous, Anya. I can't go down there and make a greater fool of myself than I already have." As Anya opened her mouth to protest, a knock came on the chamber doors, causing her to jump into attention. Please... gods do not let that be Kratos.

Anya fixed the skirts of her simple yellow dress, walking over to the doors, opening them to allow the visitor in. I turned away from the mirror, looking at the door, my heart in my throat as I prayed to the gods that it wasn't one of the two men that I did not want to see tonight. But, to my relief -very audible as I released a large sigh- Tenoos stepped forward. He froze, blinking a few times, seeming to be in a dazed state. A blush crept up my neck to rest on my cheeks, a feeling of embarrassment washing over me in a single moment.

"Vixas?" He asked, seeming to compose himself once again. "I... I didn't recognize you for a moment." he said with large eyes.

"I knew it..." I hissed out, feeling the embarrassment grow into rage. "I look like a completely fool. I suppose that's why Kratos wanted me at super: to be his entertainment for the evening." I growled out, turning away from them and walking out to the balcony. Taking a breath, I tried to calm my frantic heartbeat. Tenoos stood by my side in a few moments, looking down at the city below us. He didn't speak, only stood there, his presence comforting me. I didn't want to admit it... but I did enjoy his company more than I had ever expected. It seemed that I had made two friendships in my time in the palace. Far more than I thought that I would ever make.