•Chapter 2•

I slam my calculus textbook close as the incessant sound of the school bell rings in my ears. I gather all my books before getting up and exiting my classroom.

I walk down the hallway, passing by all the other people who went to Pacific Bell High School in the process. I pick up my pace as I make my way to my locker, making sure I wasn't late to my next class.

When I'm finally in reach of my locker, I stop in my tracks and shake my head when I see what was in front of my locker. And it wasn't exactly about what was in front of my locker, it was about who was in front of my locker.

Ethan Farrell and his girlfriend, Regan Hues stand in front of my locker, making out, swapping spit, sucking face, whatever you wanted to call it, like they were in private and there was absolutely not a school full of students walking around them. I just knew it definitely wasn't going to continue in front of my locker.

I then decide to take my hand and slap it hard on the nearest locker, causing a loud clanging noise to erupt and they both separate from each other. They look at me with disturbance etched across their face and and I smile. "I wouldn't mind if you two took your face sucking else where." I mention.

Regan looks at me for a moment with an incoherent expression before looking up at Ethan. "Come on, Ethan." She says, grabbing him by the wrist.

"I'll be right there," he says. Regan then nods and walks away to some other part of the junior hallway.

I cross my arms over my chest and turn towards Ethan. "Are you that much of an asshole that you felt the need to kiss your girlfriend in front of my locker?" I ask, shooting him a cold glare.

"I didn't even know this was your locker," he informed.

I let out a small laugh and plaster a fake smile on my face. "Sure you didn't," I say, looking away from Ethan and beginning to enter my locker combination.

Ethan lets out an aggravated sigh and shakes his head. "You are such a smart ass,"

"I've been called worse," I state, opening my locker and grabbing the book I need for my next class.

"Yeah? Like what?"

I slam my locker and turn to face Ethan. "Your girlfriend," I deadpan before walking away.

Your eyes are not deceiving you and you read it right. I was Ethan's girlfriend back in tenth grade, when I was still kind of new to high school and had no brain.

This was something I didn't mention earlier, because I'm not proud of it, and don't like to talk about it.

At the time, Ethan was a pretty nice guy, and we dated for about five months before he cheated on me with Regan. And of course, like any other teenage girl, I cried for a little while, but then I got over it and realized he wasn't worth the tears.

And a little after that day, he became friends with Natalie and them, and became even more of an asshole than he already was.

Dismissing the topic my mind, I continue to walk to my next class. But all of a sudden, quickly and unexpectedly, someone's foot sticks out in the middle of the hallway, and without realizing it, I trip on it and fall, dropping all my books and landing flat on the floor.

I cringe at the pain and place the palms of my hands on the floor to get up, gathering my books from the floor. I then hear someone bust out into a fit of laughter, and I turn my head to the right to see Layla Dawson, holding her stomach from the amount of laughter she was doing.