"Honey biscuit!"I heard someone call. I averted my head and that direction and noticed Malcom. I should've known, he's the one who generated the awful nickname for me. I guess he's out of jail because I hadn't heard that illiterate nickname for a little over five months.

"Yes Malcom."I rolled my eyes.

"You aint' gone tell yah' man welcome back?"He licked his lips that sat under his nose completing his handsome face. His black Asfalt hat sat backwards above his neatly done braids. He was really the only guy I've seen to pull of the whole '08 conrow thing.

"Actually, I'm not. You weren't missed"I rolled my eyes firmy to the sky. I redirected trying to continue to walk my route back home but he prevented me by having his grasp on my arm. My body instantly tensed up. My anger and adrenaline began to pump as I jerked my arm away from his dry hands.

"Honey bis-"He tried to speak but, I rudely cut him off.

"Don't you ever put your filthy hands on me again. You have no right to do that, I am not at your possesion. Everyday you come to speak to me you push your limits more and more but this is the final straw. "He seemed flabbergasted by my choice of words. I can see why, I'm not much of a talker so this being my first outburst with him, he's shocked.

"Damn, lil' mama."He held his hands up in defense.

"I'm not your little mama or your honey biscuit. Call me by my name or dont talk to me at all."

"Ight damn ma' whats yah' name?"He raised a brow.

"Maybe you'll get that another day"I re-adjusted my backpack before continuing my trek home.

Stopping at an intersection cars swished past due to a green light. I stood patiently next to the light post that stood in the center of the cemented sidewalk. The road light finalized turning red causing all drivers to step on their brakes putting their vehicles at rest for a moment. The signal for pedestrians flashed as I took initiative to walking across the crosswalk.

Arriving at my block I let out a relieving sigh. My feet were killing me and the only thing that I could wrap my mind around is elevating my sore feet onto fluffy feather and cotton filled pillows.

I rush up the steps wincing in pain on each step. I silently cursed whishing that I never wore those running shoes- that happened to be two times smaller than my original size. Dressing out in PE isn't mandatory, but I perfer to continuisly get straight A's.

I hurried and rang the door bell hoping that aunt April would put some pep in her step. I leaned against the threshold of the the closed door waiting , finally aunt April opens up with a warming smile.

"Hey baby"She kissed my forehead pulling me into a hug as she let me enter the house. The smell of collard greens and baked chicken invaded my nostrils. I marveled at the scent and scenery aunt April created in the kitchen.

"Ah ah ah, you have to wait till dinner " She slaps my hand with a wipe rag that sat on her shoulder.

I sigh in defeat "Who are we having over anyways?"My aunt April only goes all out like this when she's having guest over so guest were expected when she cook an abundance of things as such.

"Social worker"she mumbles with a slight roll to her eye.

I sigh "She's back again? I thought you said that we were in the clear. She said we were good!"I complained as much as I love being my aunt and uncle's custody, the things that prevent me from being happy always comes to be. Our social worker
Mrs.Paxen imposes me from being officially under my aunt and uncle's custody with her obnoxious pop ups and unnecessary talks with me that I can really care less for. She's a pain in the ass all together and for her to be able to hold the advantage of putting me in a foster home she definitely has the upper hand.

Her voice rings inside my head "We have to do what is best for Jhenea and I dont think you guys having custody of her is best."Clearly she doesn't know what she's talking about. I'm taken cared of as if I'm their own child . She says all these things about whats better for me but clearly she doesn't even know what the fuck her mouth is spewing.

"I know J , but just think about it after this one you'll be 17 and that'll be less visits from that Paxen bitch."I laughed at the cruelty towards Paxen.

"You got that right auntie."I laughed kissing her cheek. I head to the room I shared with Kashari. Her side of the room exploded with different designs and posters of fashion designers and celebrities while my side held two mangled photos of my unknown parents and I .

One picture showed me smiling ear to ear as I held my hands up enjoying the thrilling feeling of the swing swinging back and forth while my mother stood behind me grinning as well. And the other was one of me and my father, I was sitting high on his shoulder smiling as he held his strong masculine unphased face.

"Hey pooch."Kashari greeted me as she sat indian style in front of the floor to ceiling mirror that we shared. Hair products sat before her as she applied small amounts of gel to lay her baby hair in front of her chunky havana twist.

"Hello Kash."I greeted her as well "Why didn't you meet me on 24th like you always do. You know I had to face Malcom all by myself."I pouted as I grabbed my sketch book off of the pile of shoe boxes that were bought during the time of tax return.

"I got caught up with helping my mom cook dinner plus Darod has come back into town so I was pretty busy."She explained to me. Darod was Kashari's on and off boyfriend like one of the many street pharmacist he's been in and out of jail a few times causing Kashari and his relationship to be left on the rocks. I personally don't think Darod is the right one for Kashari, although she's a hot head she really has a good head on her shoulders and I feel like she's to good for this Darod character.

I sigh "I whish you would've met with me though, Malcom has one more time before I smack the braids off of him." I rant as I sit indian style as well on my twin sized bed.

"Awe, my little Mal is out of jail."She smiled widely.

I roll my eyes to the ceiling down "What did he do to have him thrown in there in the first place?" Malcom is known for doing dumb shit around here last time he got arrested for spitting directly in a police officers face. With how much police brutality going on, I'm suprised he didn't end up six feet under. He says he was standing up for black rights but in reality he knows that he should have his limits and trying to get yourself killed is definitely pushing your limits.

"Word out on the block, he got arrested for burglary and possession of weed."She explained to me.

"Typical"I roll my eyes "And he thinks he has a chance with me"I scoff, "Hilarious. "

"You guys would be cute together though, Mal and Jen."She suggested out loud as if I had nothing against it.

"More like hell and no"I declined "Besides, I'm way to mature for his infantile ways. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to fall for a dude who thinks standing on a block is a job."

"I mean every one has their own hustle." Kashari shruggs.

"I guess your right but I still don't think standing on a block is a good profession for any one. Handing out drugs to people who's life is already going down hill is just dumb."I rant. All through New Orleans theres only three things that guys think that can get them to riches, music, sports and of course drugs. Many guys decide to go with drugs because it's fast money . I don't condone that at all, I feel like if Malcom puts his mind to it he'll be able to successed without selling dope.

"Just don't fall for no ordinary street nigga"

I chuckle amusingly"Trust me I won't"