Typical

"Yellowtail! Yellowtail!" A girl called cheerfully, eyes glimmering childishly.

Just another odd character. Within an odd group.

"Keep it down." This hat wearing man adverted his eyes to see a young blonde and his friends. A bitter sight, on some sort of level he couldn't pinpoint.

Kadota, keeping his usual role as the 'straight man', simply tolerated his own friend's refreshing quirks.

A tray was set down the table, "Yellowtail sushi, yes?" The black Russian had his usual smile. Unlike most people in this city, Kadota noted, it was, without a doubt, incredibly natural.

Erika Karisawa clapped her hands happily, "Great! Thanks Simon!" She cheered.

Beside her, Walker was toying with his chopsticks, biting the inside of his left cheek, a distant cloud floating over his eyes as a light frown marred his forehead... It was strange to see him gazing off into space like that, which pointed Kadota's attention to him.

"Not hungry?" Kadtoa asked, leaning back and raising his eyebrows. It was odd for more than one person to stay quiet within the duo.

Of course, the narrowed eyed boy merely shrugged, smiling as cheerfully as his female counterpart.

Beside Kadota was Saburo; the self appointed chauffeur of the motley quartet. "Don't talk about that crap when we're eating! How many times do I need to say that?"

Kadota sighed.

Cool it man.

Erika and Walker continued their frantic cheering as Kadota easily tuned them out. This was another 'typical' day. A loosely put term.

'Typical' didn't exist in Ikebukuro.

It never did.

Not in middle school. And especially not in high school.

"Dotachin?"

Time to re-immerse himself into the present.

"Don't call me that."

"Dotachin, have you heard of that new group?"

He merely crossed his arms as he listened intently.

"They're called the 'Sirens', I heard they're some gang like the 'Dollars'. Weird, huh?"

In other words, a bunch of pricks screwing around for attention.

"Yeah, they've gotten super popular in the metro area of Tokyo, y'know?"

How envious one could be of the bliss children were supposed to hold dearly..

Kadota couldn't help, but feel a creeping uneasiness. Why make another gang like the Dollars? What point would it serve?

It would only create drama among the two ''online colour gangs".

Drama.

A conflict between gangs.

Most likely a war.

It was right up his alley.

No doubt about it. The single man who formed "Dotachin" had caught a wind of this

And he'd go to serious lengths to spice things up. Get innocent people caught up in the trouble.

Like with Blue Squares and Yellow Scarves.

But..

Stay out of it, avoid trouble.

Unfortunately, staying out of things didn't fit Kadota's image on things. He couldn't simply ignore something so... Suspicious. Nor his own friends.

He listened to his friends as they rambled on; the feelings of a carefree life only a breath away.

He wondered how long it would take before chaos decided to strike

Those thoughts were split in half as he heard the infamous neighing. The jet black motorcycle zooming by. Another mystery.

'Sirens' and 'Dollars' simply added up the mysteries within Ikebukuro.

And one could not help but wonder.

Who are The 'Dollars' and their 'leader'?

Izaya Orihara?

Or some random person looking for kicks themselves?

Once his thoughts were shattered and left for another time as the bell rung. The same teenaged trio laughed and joked as they left.

Whoever the Dollars or the Sirens were led by, that person had leadership and charisma.

This narrowed the list only slightly.

One of his two guesses, however, Kadota stubbornly refused to acknowledge.