Part 12

"Paige?" I jump scared as Emma approaches me. "Yeah?" I say chocking halfway. "Did something happen?" She raises an eyebrow and flashbacks of Roman kissing me hit me like bricks.

"N-no." I say nervous. She stares at me for a while, she knows something is wrong. She knows me so well. "I'm just not feeling well. I had a big headache and I'm just feeling bleh." I rub my temples closing my eyes. It's true. I am feeling bleh.

Ever since this morning. I can't stop thinking about it.. I can't stop these thoughts. I can't stop craving more.

"Well, better get with it because you're up next. Good luck!" She hugs me and I feel like throwing up. I'm disgusting. I kissed her crush. I don't deserve her affection.

I meet with Aj and Nikki backstage as we wait for our call. The live show today is in Moline, Illinois. "Are you okay, Paige? You seem off." Aj says, "Yeah. I'm just-" feeling like complete shit because I kissed Roman aka Emma's crush and I'm a dick friend.

"Tired."

Luckily, the call us up next. I fake a smile and walk out next to Aj and Nikki. Our opponents, Naomi, Nattie, and Layla walk out next.

I'm currently on the side with Nikki, I'm trying to stay focused just in case Aj needs us. Suddenly, I get tagged in and I'm completely lost.

I'm fighting with Nattie and it's not going well. The crowd is cheering me on, but I can't seem to concrete in the match. I keep getting hit and I can't block the punches. I'm being so sloppy in the ring it embarrasses me.

I end up tapping out to a sharpshooter. I roll out of the ring rubbing my back as Aj and Nikki hold me. "Something is definitely wrong." Nikki says as we make it backstage. "I'm just tired, like I said." I tell her avoiding eye contact.

"No, you're never sloppy in the ring. Unless something is wrong." She says, "Yeah. You've been acting weird lately." Aj says. "I just-"

"Not ready to talk about it." Nikki says and I nod, "You can talk to us about anything. Whenever you're ready." Aj adds and I smile, a real smile. "Thank you guys."

"Well, I'm going to meet Seth he's about to have his match. Gotta give him a good luck kiss!" Nikki says giving my cheek a kiss and walking away, "Andddd I have to go tame my lunatic." She hugs me tightly and walks away skipping.

"Too much affection?" Roman says, I have to control my breathing and heartbeat as he steps close to me. "Way too much. It's gross." I say trying to ignore the fact that I'm freaking the fuck out.

He chuckles, "I think you like it. Besides, all your friends are lovey lovey." He says and I nod. "Well, I have to go get changed." I quickly walk by him. When I'm away, I finally take a deep breath and try to control the way my heart is sped up.

I take my bag and walk out the locker room before Emma sees me. I'm walking so fast trying to avoid Emma and Roman that I end up tripping and falling.

My stuff fall out of the bag and I curse myself as I get up with a scratched bleeding knee. "Are you okay?!"

I look up and see Romans concerned face. Oh gosh, I tripped and fell right in my face in front of him!

"I'm okay." I say with flushed cheeks as I sit on a chair. "You scratched your knee." He says, he gets up and grabs a tissue. He then wipes the little blood that's on my knee. "I'll be fine." I say, Roman looks at me and then looks to the floor as he is kneeling.

He then reaches over and grabs something- my notebook! I quickly get up and try to get it from him and he drops it, the notebook opens up.

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." He reads off the notebook. "What a stupid lamb." I whisper knowing the quote by memory.
"What a sick masochist lion." He sighs looking in my eyes.

We stare at each other for a while. We don't speak, we don't move, hell we don't even blink. It's like we're stuck in time. I finally have the courage to grab the notebook off the floor and stick it in my bag.

I walk away quickly trying to calm my emotions. I make it outside and keep walking straight ahead not knowing where to go. I was suppose to be riding with Nikki, Seth and Emma but I don't want to be in a car with Emma.

"Paige. Hold up." I hear Roman say behind me. The breeze is chilly and for some reason I stop until he catches up. "What's wrong?" He asks.

I look at him and feel my heart race. The butterflies expand all over my body and my breath gets shaky. It's this effect he has on me.

I suddenly get angry. I feel my blood boil, I hate the way he makes me feel. I don't want to feel this way. "You're what's wrong with me." I say angrily.

"I'm sorry about earlier, Paige. I couldn't help myself. Don't take it the wrong way." He says bending down to my height. "Don't take it the wrong way? How the hell am I suppose to take it then?" My voice comes out way bitchier than I thought it would.

"I just thought you liked me. Because I like you." He whispers. "I've had the longest crush on you. And you kissed me back- and I thought that maybe-"

"Emma likes you." I say swallowing the knot in my throat. A part of me is happy that he confessed that he likes me but the other part is slowly dying. "I know. Emma is a really good person. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I can't lie to her and make her believe I like her. Is that why you're like this? Listen, we can talk to Emma and she will understand because she's very understanding."

I stare at the floor as the tears build up in my eyes. I get this sudden flashback, when I told Nikki about my crush. She freaked out and wanted to know so bad who it was. I told her I would tell her eventually. I never told her because days later Emma confessed her crush for Roman.

But I liked him first. Didn't I?

I remember when I first met Roman and how he immediately made me feel. It was a different feeling. My boyfriend at that time didn't even made me feel the way Roman made me feel.

How come I didn't realize that I liked him then? Why didn't o confess my crush to Nikki and Emma when I could? Why did I wait for Emma to develop feelings, why?

"Paige. Do you like me?" He asks breaking the silence and my train of thoughts. I swallow hard to stop my tears, and I take a deep breath getting all my strength to say the words.

"I don't like you."

I don't look up at his face because I know he's hurt. I feel it. "But I thought-" I cut him off before he has time to finish. "You thought wrong."

I walk way and when I'm sure I'm far from him I burst into tears. I get this horrific pain in my chest that makes it hard to breath. My makeup is running down my face and I hate feeling like this again.

It's such a hard decision.

But I shouldn't even have to make a decision. My best friend should be my first choice no matter what.

*
*
*
*
-sorry for any misspells or grammar mistakes. I will go back later and fix them if there's any. Thank you for reading guys! xoxo ;*

Loving Him Is Red* WWE Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें