Father's Day

I've been excited for this one. :) How does everyone react to Rose's actions? Comment and tell me how I've done!

Here's "Father's Day!"

***

On a sunny day in a registrar's office, the registrar prompted, "I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Angela Suzette Prentice."

"I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Suzanne Suzette Anita," Pete Tyler tried to say.

Anna giggled quietly, the Doctor shushing her just as quietly. "Oh, just carry on," a younger Jackie smiled. "It's good enough for Lady Di."

"I thought he'd be taller," Rose said thoughtfully to herself.

The Doctor looked at her worriedly out of the corner of his eye as the registrar continued. "To be my lawful wedded wife, to love and behold till death do us part."

***

"Mum said it was a hit and run driver," Rose said when they were back in the TARDIS. "Nobody found out who it was. Dad was dead when the ambulance got there. Mum's only wish was that there'd been someone there for him. I want to be that someone, so he doesn't die alone."

The Doctor chewed on his lip thoughtfully before sighing. That was his only wish with the Regent, too. Anna hadn't deserved to see that. "November the 7th?" he double checked the date.

"1987," Rose nodded.

He nodded and pulled down a lever, the time rotor starting up.

***

Rose walked out of the TARDIS, surprised when she saw the sky. "It's so weird," she remarked as Anna walked out next, the Doctor behind her. "The day my father died. I thought it'd be all sort of grim and stormy. It's just an ordinary day."

"The past is another country," the Doctor shrugged. "1987's just the Isle of Wight."

"Rose?" Anna looked up at her. "Are you sure about this?"

Rose took a deep breath. "Yeah."

***

"This is it," Rose gestured to the street sign as they came up to the sidewalk. "Jordan Road. He was late. He'd been to get a wedding present, a vase. Mum always said, 'that stupid vase.'" She watched as a green van came around the corner. "He got out of his car and crossed the road." She swallowed hard as the man she recognized from photos got out of the car, vase in hand. "Oh, God, this is it."

Anna squeezed her legs comfortingly as the Doctor took her hand. Rose squeezed the Doctor's hand in thanks, her other hand wrapping around Anna's shoulders. A beige car screeched around the corner and barreled forward, right into Pete. Rose winced, closing her eyes, hearing the vase shatter on the road. "Go to him, quick," the Doctor whispered.

Rose just swallowed, unable to move.

***

A while later, they sat by the corner, hearing sirens wailing. "It's too late now," Rose mumbled. "By the time the ambulance got there, he was dead."

"It's sad to die on your own," Anna said to herself, but the Doctor shook his head. Anna was only going to -

Rose looked up. "Can I try again?"

The Doctor reluctantly nodded. Anna was only going to convince Rose she had to do this again.

***

The trio looked around the corner to look at their earlier selves. "Right, that's the first us," the Doctor said. "It's a very bad idea, two sets of us being here at the same time. Just be careful they don't see us. Wait till she runs off and they follow, then go to your dad."

Bad Wolf (Entry One of The Diaries of a Teenage Time Lady)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें