Wherever You Are

Justin unlocked the door to his rather large home in Los Angeles, and after closing the door behind him, ran straight up the plush carpeted stairs to his secluded bedroom.

He flopped face first onto the soft king sized mattress and ran his hands through his chestnut brown hair, tugging slightly at the roots. It's been a month since Justin last saw Niall and the distance between them is driving him insane.

Just the month before, the pair could've seen each other whenever they wanted, but since Niall's away in Britain recording One Direction's next album, it just wasn't possible now. Sometimes Justin hated the fact that both the boys jobs required them to travel from one place to another so frequently.

Justin rolled onto his back and pulled his sleek new iPhone out of the front pocket of his black denim jeans. He typed the password in quickly and went through his photos, finding a photo called 'Me and Ni'.

Upon opening the folder, Justin was assaulted with pictures of him and his love interest. Photos of them kissing. Photos of them hugging. Photos of them doing pretty much everything together.

Justin was starting to miss the feeling of Niall's lips on his own, the way Niall would put his arm around Justin's waist while they were sitting together. Tears filled Justin's eyes as he continued going through the bittersweet memories of him and Niall.

Once he got to the last photo among dozens in the file, Justin sniffled, letting a few tears fall down his flushed cheeks. The tears rolled down the side of his face and onto his white bed sheets, soaking the fabric with salty emotions.

Justin rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands, wiping away the remaining tears threatening to spill over. He sighed and held his phone tightly against his chest. Justin was startled when he felt his phone vibrate, holding it up close to his face and finding that he had received a text from Niall.

Hey babe. I miss you. xx - Ni

Justin shakily typed a message back.

Miss you too - J

Almost as soon as he had hit the send button, Justin received a text back.

On a scale of one to ten, how much do you miss me? - Ni

Justin thought before replying back.

An 11 - J

He hit 'Send' and patiently waited.

While he was waiting for Niall to answer back, he heard a noise coming from downstairs. Surely it was just the wind, but that didn't stop Justin's heart from speeding up and a nervous sheen of sweat to appear on his forehead.

Justin heard the back door rattle and he immediately  knew it was not just the wind. Although part of him wanted to know what the noise was coming from, the other stronger part of him wanted to crawl under his bed and hide. He pushed all of his scared feelings aside and walked hesitantly downstairs, pausing at the bottom fo the stairwell. Justin listened carefully. The back door slowly opened suddenly with an eerie creak.

"H-Hello..." Justin stuttered, "is anyone t-there?"

There was no answer.

"Hello?" Justin asked again, a bit louder, as he wandered into the kitchen.

He peered out the window into the dark night, his warm breath fogging the cool glass. He squinted and looked into the backyard, but found nothing. No one.

Just then, someone grabbed him from behind, putting their hand over his mouth to stop the scream that was about to escape.

"Don't scream." The person said.

Justin tensed up, but then relaxed once he realized who had grabbed him. The mystery person removed their hand from over Justin's mouth.

"Niall?"

Justin turned around to come face to face with his boyfriend.

"Niall, you almost scared the shit out of me!" Justin exclaimed, smacking the back of Niall's head lightly.

"Sorry, baby. Didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to surprise you."

Justin sighed and looked into Niall's gorgeous blue eyes.

"I don't really care that you scared me. All I care is that you're here. How the hell are you here right now, Ni? Aren't you supposed to be recording the next album out in London?"

Niall nodded, "We already finished. Well... at least I finished. I spent extra time in the studio recording my parts so I could come out here and surprise you. I missed you so fucking much, Justin. More than you'll ever know."

Justin exhaled shakily, trying to think of what to say next. Still in shock over the fact that his boyfriend flew out from Britain to L.A just to see him.

"I-I missed you too. But how did you get into my house?"

Niall held up a key, "I remembered that you always leave an extra key under the mat in your backyard."

Justin smiled and stepped closer to Niall, putting his arms around his neck. Justin stood on his tippy toes and kissed the slightly taller boy softly.

Justin put his hands on the back of Niall's neck, holding him close, almost as if making sure he couldn't get away.

"Wherever you are is where I should be too, Justin. I love you."

"I love you too, Niall."

So...that was the first Jiall oneshot I ever wrote. Sorry if it sucked.

Comment. Vote. Follow?

Bye <3