Forest

-(Y/n) p.o.v-
        I was tempted to look and see what the hell was lifting me up, but instinct told me to do the opposite.  Static filled my hearing in an almost defining intensity as it felt like something was filtering through my mind; causing the excruciating pain in my head to truly peak. About 5 minutes of paralyzing pain and tear-inducing fear passed at an agonizingly slow pace. "You are worthy." A deep voice echoed through my mind. "What... did it mean by that?" I thought hazily. As I began thinking of a way to escape, it felt like an old, rusty razor was cutting deep into my wrist. I wanted to scream, but I held my tongue. It continued on for what felt like hours before I mercifully passed out from all the pain. 

        The next morning, I woke up in my bed with a pounding headache. It was almost like being hungover after a really long night of partying... not like I would know what that is like."How did I get back home? I don't remember even walking after..." My thoughts were cut off when memories of last night flooded into my head. I was going over them with fear crawling in my chest when a deep voice echoed through my head again, this time with a direct message, "Be ready to leave at midnight. You may pack whatever you wish, my dear (Y/n)." I didn't understand how it knew my name, but I shrugged it off. I knew, somehow, what it said was true. I only had one day to say goodbye.

         I walked downs stairs, smelling bacon and eggs, and walked into the kitchen. It made sadness wash through me knowing this was my last day with my only family left. What made this worse was knowing that I was his only family too. Mom had passed away two years ago. It wasn't long after the funeral either that her family cut all contact with us; Dad's having done so before they had married. He looked up at me and smiled as I walked in through the doorway, setting a plate of food down on the table for me. I wasn't very hungry, but I ate anyway. I wanted to spend all of today with my Dad, just so he knows I love him when I leave.

(Sorry if these are short. I right these during class when I have free time, but the weekend is coming up so I will try to write a couple more chapters, or pages when I can. I hope you enjoyed this one!)

(( Updated 7/21/2019 - 8:37a.m.))