The Agreement

"You really don't need to know anything about the engines, medical or science stuff. Well, you don't really have to know much at all to be captain."

I rolled my eyes at him as he walked down a hall.

"Here is the bridge. This is where you as a captain will be." He stepped through a door and there were screens and buttons everywhere.

"Wow. bigger than what I thought."

He smiled. "Yes. it is pretty big. Would you like to sit in the chair?"

I looked at the captain's chair then back at him. "Can I?"

"Of course. But don't tell anyone. I don't really like people other than me in my chair." He gave me a smile again.

I gave him a little smile back and stared at him but realized I needed to stop. I looked away from him and walked over to the chair and sat down. "Very comfy."

"Yes it is. It's best to have something comfortable to sit in if you're going to be in it for a long period of time."

"That's true."

"Well, there isn't really anything for you to know. We went over the basics of it on our way here. We have a good two hours. Would you just like to spend the rest of it with me?"

"Oh, yes! I... I mean, sure." I caught myself and I knew he picked up on it. Somehow I was falling for him already. I told myself I'd never fall for him, or anyone like him, but I was.

"Great. Let's head to the kitchen?"

I nodded, afraid to speak. Afraid that it would sound desperate like I wanted him again. I stood up and followed him out.

-------------------------------------------------

Kirk smiled yo himself as Bones's words echoed in his head, 'She doesn't look interested in you.' Clearly she was. The smile she gave him and the way she looked at him. Then there was the way she accepted to spending the free two hours twith him. She wanted him and he sensed it. But it was like she was afraid.

"Ahhh. Jim. Coming here for something to eat as well?"

Bones was standing in the kitchen with a boiling pot of spaghetti in front of him. Allie was sitting on a chair across from him.

"What ya makin' Bones?"

"Spaghetti. You and Nadia want some?"

"Sure." She replied and sat at a table. Allie went over and sat next to her.

"Bones, I think she does have interest in me. You didn't see the way she smiled and looked at me when I told her she could sit in the chair. Plus when I told her we had two free hours and asked if she wanted to spend it with me, she agreed in a heartbeat with enthusiasm."

Bones stirred the spaghetti. "Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't." He looked up to see Nadia watching him and he gave her a smile in which she returned.

"Oh, she does." Kirk told him.

"How about we play this fair. Whichever one can win her over, gets her. Sound good?"

"Fine. But I'm gonna win."

"You don't know that, Jim. you can't always win."

Kirk shook his head in disagreement.

-------------------------------------------------

"How can you not like him, Allie!? He's cooking for you!"

"I know, but I just don't find him all that cute. I prefer Kirk."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. But you're going to have to start looking for better guys.

"You always tell me that."

"Cause it's true."

I looked over at Kirk. He was really cute and nice. Atleast in the few hours I was with him. I don't know. I was falling for him and I wasn't sure how to stop it.

*Author's Note: Here is another chapter. I wanna know your thoughts.*