I Want Tacos!

This is the story of my life.

Is that too cliché of a beginning?

Yeah? No? Maybe?

Anyway. My name is Gracelyn Monroe and I live in Henderson, Tn. Which is just outside of Nashville. I'm eighteen and freshly out of high school. Woo hoo!

Though, I have to admit it's not all peaches and cream. Speaking of that I am now splitting my non-school filled hours at my two jobs this summer. One is running the family fruit and veggie stand, and the other is working at a yogurt hot spot in Nashville. It's fun, cause not only is frozen yogurt totally awesome sauce, it's also a really popular place for musicians and all that sort to pop into for a little refreshment.

"I WANT TACOS!" The high pitched whine cuts through my thoughts, and I glance at the pouty face that my best friend Brelyn Masters is wearing. "PWEASE feed me..." She fake faints, with her hand at her head.

Bre and me have been best friends since she stole my tater tots in kindergarten. Okay.... so maybe it was more of a trade. After all she let me have her mac and cheese. Girl can't complain.

"Do you realize you are like my cat? And my dog? And my fish? And my brother?.... Wow... I just surround myself with hungry 24/7 people and animals don't I?"

"Tacos?" Brelyn gives me a cheesy grin.

"Fine. But you're buying and I'm driving." I state, she doesn't even respond, she just runs at a mad dash to my car, nearly falling into the vehicle.

"Boy, do I know how to pick 'em." I laugh and shake my head.

Soon we are at Taco Bell, and Bre is doing a little crazy happy dance in the passenger seat. She's a tiny little thing, but can eat like a lumber jack. I kid you not, when we made our way to the counter to order she just ordered a Mexican pizza, chicken chalupa, quesadilla, nachos, two tacos, and then asked me if I wanted anything. I only wish I had took a picture of the guy taking our order's face. Now we are munching on our food, and I glance out the window. It's in perfect line with one of the cars in the parking lot where a blonde haired female and a guy with a cap on are dancing crazy in the car. I blink a few times, but know they are pulling away and leaving. Was I just imagining things? After all everyone is this town can't be that weird... can they?

---------

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this fun story and it's more to come. Just wanted to include a Spencer story.... and of course some Kencer Time... if you don't get that I will explain soon. Or now. That's what Kelsey calls her and Spencer's time together. Like when everyone wants tacos and no one wants to go... so they have random car dance parties and get the Taco Bell everyone wants.... I'm not making that up either. :P

Now on a more serious note....

I'm writing this story in honor of the little baby girl that didn't get to live very long in this world. Baby Gracelyn. Which is where I got the name for. My cousin was 5 months along pregnant, and lost her little girl. Doctors said she would have had some medical disabilities and wouldn't have lived very long, in all likelihood. So even though I didn't get to meet her, I am writing this story in her honor. Please pray for my cousin and her husband, and all the family during this time. I can be thankful and praise God that they are believing that God had a purpose for all this and needed baby Grace with Him sooner rather than later.