Running

I wake up early and get ready for my morning run. I change and put on my shoes, beanie and running jacket. I quietly go downstairs and stretch. I wave 'hi' to the old man next door, and I see my favorite neighbor.

"Mr. Stryker!" I yell and I walk up to his car. He looks at me and smiles.

"Clint! How are you, my boy?" He asks as he shakes my hand.

"I'm great Mr. Stryker," I say with a smile.

"Good. Good, and it's William. How many times have I told you that? When you call me Mr. Stryker you make me feel old." He says with a smile.

"I know. I'll try to remember." I say.

"No, you won't." He says.

"No, I won't," I confirm and he chuckles.

"You're a good boy, Clint. Don't ever change." He says as he gets in his car.

"Yes, sir!" I say and he looks at me.

"Jason should be out soon." He says then he pulls out of his driveway.

"Thank you, sir!" I yell as he leaves then Jason comes out and stretches.

"Ready?" He asks coming up to me.

"Let's go," I say and we start down our path.

We get about halfway through and my hands start to tingle weirdly. I shake them as we run and we continue. Then my back starts hurting. I roll my shoulders and try to ignore it, but the pain won't stop. Eventually, we stop and I lean against a tree.

"Clint? You good man?" Jason asks.

"I...I can't breathe man." I say panting hard as he puts his hand on my back.

"Should I call an ambulance?" He asks and I shake my head no. I continue to try to catch my breath as I sit. I lay my head back against the wall as my hands tingle more.

"My hands feel numb," I say as my body begins to shake.

"J...Jason!" I yell as I try not to freak out. He looks at me and kneels next to me as the fire begins to radiate throughout my body.

"Clint, I'm gonna go get help. I'll be right back!" He yells as he runs to the closes house and the pain gets worse. I start screaming. A few minutes later he comes out with an older man that looks like a biker with a bad attitude and a reverse mohawk.

"Hey. Hey! Calm down! Calm down. It's gonna be ok." He says as he touches my shoulder and I instantly calm down even as the pain rips through my body.

"What's your name, bub?" He asks in a gruff voice.

"C...Clint." I say as my body lights on fire more.

"Nice to meet you, Clint. I'm Logan." He says and that is the last thing I remember before I pass out.

*****

I wake up gasping for air. I had a dream where I was underwater and I couldn't breathe. I sit up and look around to see that I'm in a hospital and there is no one around. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and slowly stand. I goto walk towards the bathroom but I am suddenly jerked back by my wrist. I look and see that I am cuffed to the bed.

I look over and see a hairpin and I grab it. It smells like Aussie hairspray and coconut shampoo. Woah! When did I start smelling so good? I pick my cuffs with it and decide to keep them. I may need it again.

I go to the bathroom then go pee. I turn to wash my hands and scream. My hair is no longer dark brown. It is whiteish blonde. My eyes that were once a boring brown are now a greenish blueish. My skin is much smoother and my face has changed. Is this what puberty does to you? I don't even recognize myself. I touch my face and my skin feels like silk.