yarn // a larry stylinson one shot

creds to haroldandlou (AOOO

-long ass os here i mean really if you have something to do before like...homework just go do your shit and come back and read-

  Louis wouldn't stop looking at his shoes, and Harry wanted to change that, could he? 

 September 4th, 1999

It was the first day of school, and Louis Tomlinson gripped onto his mothers hand tightly as she led him into the classroom filled with other children and their parents. The noise got louder as they approached, and as soon as they entered it was like a concert.

People were walking around and eating and drinking, people were standing around talking to one another. Is that was school was supposed to be?

"Mummy, why are all the parents here, I thought this was school?" Louis whispered to his mother, after pulling her down to say it quietly in her ear. She chuckled and patted Louis' head, "Sweetie, this is parent and teacher meeting day, the real first day is tomorrow." She explained.

Louis nodded, holding on tighter to her skirt. She gripped his hand and pulled it away from the fabric, "You wouldn't want to pants mommy, now, would you?" She asked, chuckling lightly. Louis looked away, embarrassed.

Jay led them to a bright-eyed women, with curly black hair that fell to her shoulders in perfect waves. She smiled as they approached. Jay and the women embraced, then bent down to be eye level with Louis, "Louis, darling. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun here tomorrow, and every day after that! Your first year of school is always the best and most enjoyable. You'll love it here, and you'll love the people, too. I promise." She said encouragingly.

Louis nodded again, and didn't say anything. He hid a little more behind his mother's legs. The teacher chuckled, "My name is Mrs. Robinson, Louis. Can you remember that?" She asked, he nodded for a third time.

She eyed Louis curiously before smiling and standing up, "He's a little shy." Mrs. Robinson said to Jay, making Jay's eyes droop down a little, "When he was younger, he was so outgoing, and the minute he hit five years old, it was like it disappeared."

"Did something happen?" Mrs. Robinson said a little lower, making Jay sigh and look towards Louis before she spoke, Louis didn't look up to meet her eyes, instead, he stared at the ground, "His father left. Just before he turned five." Jay explained in a small whisper, making it hard for Louis to hear.

He tuned them out the minute she said this, he didn't want to hear it again, he didn't want to go through it all over again. Why would he want that?

His mind flashed back to the day where he watched his father from the window, putting heavy-looking bags into the back of his Station Wagon. Louis waved to him in the window, and after his father looked down and wiped something from his eye, he looked back to Louis and waved silently.

Louis didn't know he wasn't coming back until the following week, when Jay had sat him down after countless times of him asking when he was coming home. He didn't want to relive it, but he always did. Every night it was the same thing over and over, he watched his father pull away and every time, he cried.

"Louis, Lou, sweetie." Jay was down at his level, and he looked up from the ground to meet her eyes, "Do you want to go get something to eat before we leave?" She asked, Louis looked up into the hopeful eyes of his new teacher, and then slowly, he shook his head and tugged on her hand, trying to drag her towards the door.

Jay sighed and stood up, "I'm sorry, Lessie." Jay whispered to his teacher, then they turned and walked through the crowd of eager students towards the door.