Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

The Revelation

At the privacy of his office, he asked her thoughtfully, “Why did you come?”

“The car you bought for me arrived as well as the cards. I want to thank you, personally. But on my way, the news about Kate’s pregnancy came,” she told him holding his hands. “Are you okay, Third?”

Third embraced her tightly, “They might force Kate to speak against me. Erick is still in jail. It could be Kate’s words against mine. People would surely sympathize on her. This is affecting our company as well.”

She could feel his frustration. She held his face, looked into his eyes and said, “I’m always here for you no matter what happens, Third. Lola and Mama are behind you as well.”

“Our names are being dragged in this. My credibility is being questioned. You are being judged as well. They are spouting negative things about you. You don’t deserve this, Iryn.” He told her caringly.

She assured him, “They could say anything they wanted to say, Third. I have faith in Kate. If she really loves Erick then she won’t deny him of his paternity over their child. Kate left you for him.”

“Yes. But Erick and Kate are both helpless right now. We are trapped in the middle of everything. I don’t know how long this scandal will last. But every minute, they’re throwing negative news about you and me,” he told her. “You don’t deserve any of this. I’m your husband and yet I cannot protect you from them.”

She kissed his lips, “I don’t care of whatever negative news they throw at me, Third.”

“But I do care, darling. I love you. I don’t want you hurt,” he told her with all honesty and compassion.

“I love you too, Third,” she smiled at him to comfort him. “I can bear all the hurt because I deeply care for you.”

His face glowed, “Is this true? You love me too?”

She confessed to him, “Yes. Since we were children I already have a crush on you.”

“Me too but my family had betrothed me to Kate so I had to set aside my feelings for you. Then when Kate run away, you walked through that door just when I said I’ll marry the first woman who’ll enter the door. I love you all along but I’m bound by my duty to my family. I’m glad Kate backed out of the wedding and I’m glad you walked in through that door,” he confessed to her.

She was overwhelmingly surprised, “Oh Third!” She kissed his lips.

He prolonged that kiss. He sat her on top of his office table. He cleared it. “I want you now, darling.”

“Your employees might hear us, Third,” she expressed her apprehension.

“The door is locked and this room is sound-proofed,” his right hand was already touching her wetness.

“Okay,” she started unbuckling his belt.

They were so consumed by their love for one another. They ended up making love passionately at his office table. They had just shared a breathtaking orgasm when someone knocked at his door. They were not naked.

They moved in such a haste, Iryn pulled up her boyleg panty. Third pulled up his boxers and pants, tucked his shirt, zipped his pants, buckled his belt and tightened his necktie as she cleaned the table and arranged the files on the floor back onto his table. When everything was okay, Iryn approached the door and opened it.