Chapter 1

It was the last day of the summer holidays and after the war. Hermione was sitting on her porch in front of her parents' house in London.

Relaxing on a deck chair, watching the sun set, she sipped from her glass of lemonade. It felt like a picturesque summer's evening.

She was thinking about going back to school the next day. The thought going back without Harry and Ron was scary.

She and Ron ended things almost immediately after the battle, it was just the heat of the moment.

She knew Harry and Ron were happy right now training to be Aurors. So far they couldn't say much on the job but it was going great and the pay was wasn't bad.

She always thought it would be nice to work at St. Mungos, maybe even stay at Hogwarts and start teaching there. It was either those or start up a book store for both muggles and wizards. The world was her oyster.

After about half an hour it was already dark so she took her things inside.

Her parents were sitting on the sofa in the living room wrapped around each other watching a romance movie on the telly.

She loved her parents and they loved her but they were a little distant as they didn't quite understand her and about her being a witch.

Went into the kitchen and washed out her glass and put it away, she then turned to the living room.

"Night," she called, heading up the stairs.

"Night."

"'Night."

Inside her room, all the equipment, books and clothes were packed up and ready to go.

Her usual sleep wear was simple, a top and an old pair shorts.

She put on some music to sleep. It was a luxury she wouldn't be able to have at Hogwarts.

If she wasn't a witch and was in a muggle school then she probably would have worked on something to do with music.

She played it a few times before falling asleep for the last night in her home this summer.