They didn't respond, they stare at me expressionless. The woman looked at our booth. "Looks like it's kicking in." She smiled. That damn (dam) smile. I've seen it before.

A/N: No pun intended....... :P

I watched my friend's eyes turn oil black. They all stood up and walked to the waitress's side. Circe, the Enchantress..........

"A son of Hermes, and two girls, one of them is a daughter of Apollo and the other Aphrodite." Circe said as if she was inspecting the prices on a grocery shelf. "The boy will be in good use later." She looked at me with her deep green eyes.

"Ooh," she licked her lips. "A mighty son of Neptune. You know I've dealt with your kind before. And he would've been mine, if that wretched daughter of Athena stayed out of the way."

"Listen," I interrupt her. "I'd love to stay and talk about our sappy backstories, but that would be wasting my time. So hand over my friends."

Circe cackled. "You're funny! I like a man with a little humor."

Gods, I need a barf bag ASAP!

"Why don't you join us? You'll be a very valuable member to our cause to destroy Olympus." She offers like a little girl scout selling freshly baked cookies.

"Nope." I pull out my miniaturized Triton hums to life, and it grows full size in my palm. "Hand over my friends now or else." I said deadly serious.

Circe's deep green eyes widen. "Apollo girl, your up. Prove to me what you are worth." Autumn snapped her head towards me. Her skin glowed sickly yellow and she walked towards me.

There were many pipes underneath the diner. Gas lines, electric, sewer....
Bingo. I sensed the main sewer pipe was outside. Autumn held something in her fist. It luminated orange and yellow. The ball was about the size of a gumball. She threw it at me and just in time I jumped out of the way and the ball splattered lava and melted anything 5ft away from it. The chairs and tables were no match to withstand the heat.

"I think it's time for you to cool down." And on cue the sewer line exploded outside. I guided the geyser of sewage water and broke the glass windows of the diner. And I shot Autumn with complete accuracy. The impact blew her backwards and the back of her head collided with the tiled walls. Autumn fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

Circe cursed in greek. "You worthless rat!" She snapped her fingers and Autumn turned into a brown rat. She scurried across the wet, molten floor. "Son of Hermes, if you disappoint me, the last thing you see will be a hamster wheel."

Nick speed runs towards me. He was a blur, he punched me in the jaw and I fell. Quickly I got up and instantly I was back down again.

Nicholas laughs mockingly.

"C'mon dude," I start. "It's me Aaron, your best friend." Yeah right like that's gonna work. Time to go drastic measures. I point to a random direction. "Look it's Autumn, and...she's in a bikini!"

Quicker than the blink of an eye, he looked behind him. "Where?"

I hit him on the back of his head with the end of my triton. Nick fell down unconscious.

Circe's green eyes glowed as she gritted her teeth. Judging by the look on her face, she wasn't happy. "Daughter of Aphrodite; show him no mercy."

"With pleasure." Jessica smirked at me. My heart beats fast, like I'm being stalked by a predator. I have the a feeling that I'm the prey.

My brain felt like it was being played like an accordion. Squishing in...and stretching back out. I fall to the ground crying like a three year old. Which made Jessica smiles and I hear her voice in my mind- or what's left of it.

"Wimp. You will never prove yourself to your fellow Romans. Coward. Your crying instead of fighting." She mocked me like a bully that won't leave you alone.

Struggling, I got up on my knees. Blood trickled out of my nose. She was right I am a wimp. I keep bragging that I am the mighty son of Neptune. And here I am, on my knees, half witted buy a girl. None other than that a daughter of Aphrodite. I shakily get up on one leg.

Circe watched in amusement. "Perfect, you may just become my new apprentice Jess."

"N-no...she won't." I wiped the blood with the back if my hand. A long time ago in seventh grade health I learned that our body is made up of 78% of water. Bingo!

I crack my knuckles and I summoned all the energy I had left. I felt water, in every single one of us in the diner. I concentrated on Jessica, hey what do ya know, my health teacher was right. I moved my arm right and Jessica moved slightly to the right. I squeeze my hands into fists, making a ear piercing scream come out. Her skin was losing moisture, like wringing out a wet cloth.

"Who is the puppet now?" I ask. And fling her across the room.

Now it was Circe's turn. I face her, my fists clench. "You messed with my friends. You mess with me." I search for water in her body....but there wasn't any.

"Silly boy," she shook her head. "It's not that easy. Unless your up for a wager."

Cliffhanger